a song of ice and fire

One of the things that I've been very much looking forward to is the HBO adaptation of Game of Thrones. This book had everything going for it the first time I read it: it was engaging, had developed and interesting interpersonal relationships, intrigue, and a tinge of sadness and regret. All in all it was a realistic portrayal of how people might act within the given circumstances. The story isn't for the faint of heart but if you give it a chance it will probably weasel its way into yours.

Game of Thrones is a book, above all else, about people. People are a many layered thing and so it's in this that I really take my hat off to GRRM.

Not to give so much away, but I'm currently reading A Storm of Swords and from the first book until here I was most taken by his ability to so fully develop the characters that in a blink of chapters someone you thought you knew could make you look again. It's because of this (and the size of the books!) that I thought it would be a difficult translation to the screen, but the first 15 minutes read perfectly: I'm in love with the Starks all over again.

If you'd like to get a glimpse at what the series will look like you can go here to watch. It's certainly worth it.

Winter is coming!

0 comments on "a song of ice and fire"

Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores