Purchased:
A Dance With Dragons, George R.R. Martin

I only have one book this past week, one that I've been excited about for years and is finally here and hopefully one that I will be able to finish by tomorrow now that I'm off for the next couple days. Is anyone else reading this book right now? Fabulous so far, isn't it?

On Thursday I went to a signing and here are some photos from that amazing event - and it was an event! Apparently we peaked at 1,800 people and everyone was just so happy to be in a room with other people who love this series that it was just a good time all around
    
The next book up is my copy! Hurrah! And GRRM is such a funny guy, great storyteller. I'd love to have a pint with him.


 My signed copy! I'm so, so thrilled. Thanks so much for being an amazing sport for so many people! King in the North indeed!  

12 comments on "in my mailbox (12): a dance with dragons edition"

We Heart YA wrote: Sun Jul 17, 09:30:00 AM

1800 people, wow... We're not (yet) one of the legions of fans, but based on messages we've seen on FB, Twitter, and blogs, you are most definitely not alone.


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Sun Jul 17, 10:07:00 AM

I've heard a lot about this book lately! I hope you enjoy it!


Aleeza wrote: Sun Jul 17, 12:34:00 PM

man, i really need to read some george r. r. martin asap! especially now that i'm so into fantasy and all. :)

here what i got in my mailbox!


Jennifer A wrote: Sun Jul 17, 01:59:00 PM

Wow! That is a ton of people! How awesome, though!


Jenny wrote: Sun Jul 17, 02:11:00 PM

Wow, that's a huge amount of people! I want to read this series. I'll have to squish it in somewhere. I love going to book signings where everyone is such huge fans.


Lauren wrote: Sun Jul 17, 04:18:00 PM

So jealous of your signed copy! GRRM totally seems like an awesome guy to have a pint with! Hope you are enjoying the book.


Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) wrote: Sun Jul 17, 05:41:00 PM

Wow, 1800 people... that is a lot. I have never been to a book signing but they always sound like so much fun.
Book Sniffers Anonymous


Alison Can Read wrote: Sun Jul 17, 06:50:00 PM

Wow, congrats on the signed book! That's an amazing amount of people. I still need to read these books.
My IMM


Jen Bigheart wrote: Sun Jul 17, 09:18:00 PM

Author signing events are always so fun!


Brett @ Demons Read Too wrote: Sun Jul 17, 09:37:00 PM

Awesome, that sounds like you had fun.


Melissa (i swim for oceans) wrote: Sun Jul 17, 11:49:00 PM

OOh my gosh - sooooooooo exciting! He is such an incredible author. :)


Maia wrote: Tue Jul 19, 02:35:00 PM

Oh I might just have to look this one up. I've never heard of it. I'm always on the hunt for good books.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores