follow friday (28)



Q: Go count the number of unread books on your shelf. How many are there?

I apologise guys, I'm not going to count the number of books unread tonight. I have a headache and, seriously, thinking about my TBR pile, in which I include everything unread on my shelf plus the dream books I want to read in my head, will only lead me nervous stomach butterflies. (And not of the kind that happen when Cricket talks to Lola, no sir.)

There are a lot. 1/2 of my shelf, perhaps. But now that I'm  better trying to actively manage my review books (on my calendar) it helps with me knowing just how many I'm taking in so that I can intersperse them with books from my shelf. If I remember in the morning I'll take a picture of my shelf, which is slightly terrifying. I have a gazillion books that I received as gifts and others I ordered with gift cards with B&N's 50% off coupon and I have no idea where they're going to go. I'll worry about that when they come in. You can never have too many books. :)

What about you guys? Does the thought of all those unread books make you happy, slightly stressed, or both?

12 comments on "follow friday (28)"

Natalie wrote: Fri Jan 06, 12:39:00 AM

I had to laugh at the Barnes and Noble comment, because I just did the same thing. I think I ordered three, and that was me showing restraint...


Unknown wrote: Fri Jan 06, 12:58:00 AM

I hope you feel better soon. I picked up a fair few books over the holidays too. I love your blog! New follower :)


Ning wrote: Fri Jan 06, 01:06:00 AM

Aww feel better. I'm still debating if I should order more books from the B&N coupon. Anyway, it makes me feel stressed out, but I'm not trying to get to me. Reading is something I enjoy, so I won't let anything change that.

Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire


F wrote: Fri Jan 06, 01:13:00 AM

OMG! I absolutely love your site's layout!

And I completely agree, you can NEVER have too many books. Not including Kindle books, I have over 100 on my shelves. I wish there was more time!!

I'm a new follower: Kristin from GrowingUpya.blogspot.com


Alison Can Read wrote: Fri Jan 06, 01:41:00 AM

Hopping through. I hope your head feels better. My number surprised me and made me a little stressed at first. Then I decided it just meant I had lots of great reading ahead.
My Hop


Chey wrote: Fri Jan 06, 03:32:00 AM

I have 200+ unread books and before reading all these answers where many people have less than 100 unread books makes me feel kind of guilty. :P


tthepageturner wrote: Fri Jan 06, 05:54:00 AM

Unread books make me happy as long as it's not too many - knowing I have books waiting to be read is exciting for me. xD Hhehe, yes I'm a nerd.

PS. Love the layout!

- New follower


Sidne wrote: Fri Jan 06, 09:59:00 AM

lol,first,hoping for better health for you.
don't stress it just let it go. I buckled down one yr.and purchased no books. just read, i had done 66 or 68 books. I felt so great. then i had to stop telling myself that i could go get more now that i've made a nice bent. does it end? having completely no funds may help quite a bit. lol
http://sidnereviewz.blogspot.com


We Heart YA wrote: Fri Jan 06, 01:30:00 PM

Yep, we can't count either because it will stress us out. Reading is fun, but sometimes the sheer number of books out there is overwhelming. We probably have in the 100 to 200 range -- and those are just the ones that we own, not even all the ones that we've set our hearts on.


Novels On The Run wrote: Fri Jan 06, 06:47:00 PM

I did a rough count as it was ashamedly large, well I'm a blogger...I love books, there are not enough hours in a day:D

Michelle


Sam (Realm of Fiction) wrote: Fri Jan 06, 07:19:00 PM

You're right. We can NEVER have too many books! At least you have many books to look forward to. :P

My FF post


Tammi wrote: Sun Jan 08, 01:18:00 AM

I didn't count mine because I have too many. I tend to buy books on sale. New follower.

TammiYoung Adult Book Reviews


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores