in my mailbox (32)


In My Mailbox, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, allows us to share our
current reads, and books we've received/checked out/purchased over the course of the week.


This post sort of encapsulates why I'm so behind on the blogging life. I'll be sharing three piles of books today: one is my leisure books that I desperately would love to start but haven't been able to; the second is a the books I have to read for my Heroines class; the third is for one of my political theory classes (though I haven't purchased all of the books yet).



Pandemonium, Lauren Oliver                                            The Portrait of a Lady, Henry James
Article 5, Kristen Simmons                                                Sister Carrie, Theodore Dreiser
Harbinger, Sara Wilson Étienne                                         The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
Fever, Lauren Oliver                                                          The Custom of the Country, Edith Warton
The Inheritance Trilogy, Christopher Paolini                     Recollections of My Life as a Woman, DiPrima
                                                                                           Praisesong of the Widow, Paule Marshall
                                                                                           The House of Mirth, Edith Warton


The Politics of the Veil, Joan Wallach Scott
The Law of Peoples, John Rawls
and Bibliography for Research, David Weissbrodt et. all
Selected topics on human rights theory course packet

This doesn't include the packets upon packets I'm reading for my other theory class. Warning: if you're ever thinking about majoring in the social sciences, particularly political science and/or human rights be ready to readreadread. It's a good thing I kind of like that reading thing. ;)

You may kind of see why I'm slightly behind. In fact while I'm drafting this post I should be finishing up Sister Carrie, an accompanying journal article discussing the book, and preparing for a presentation on it and another presentation for another class tomorrow. It's also a good thing I like school! So, I have all of these great non-school leisure books and I'm going to start picking at them one by one, slowly, until I finish the pile I have before requesting any others (unless something on my I've-been-waiting-for-this-forever pile comes up).

What's in your mailboxes this week, friends? I reckon I'm probably a bit behind on le(s) new books so I'm super excited to check all of your posts out later. :)

6 comments on "in my mailbox (32)"

Unknown wrote: Sun Mar 04, 11:48:00 AM

Pandemonium and Fever, ahhh! I'm so jealous.

I hope you're having a fantastic Sunday. :)

Here's my IMM. ♥


Paige wrote: Sun Mar 04, 12:52:00 PM

I can't wait to get my hands on Pandemonium because I can't wait to find out what happens next. Here's my IMM!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-24-winner.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books


Anonymous wrote: Sun Mar 04, 01:10:00 PM

Nice IMM!

I loved Pandemonium and I've heard good things about Article 5 (just haven't read it)

And seriously, I need to read the Eragon series LOL. I feel like the only person on the planet who hasn't read those.

Enjoy your books!

Jenny at Books to the Sky


Cait wrote: Sun Mar 04, 02:10:00 PM

wow omg so many books for school!! I don't miss that haha. I did philosophy and that was a lot of reading. You got great leisure books though, I hope you manage to read them all soon.

The Cait Files


Ari (Reading After Midnight) wrote: Tue Mar 06, 07:22:00 AM

Wow, so many books. I just finished Pandemonium and I loved it (even though Delirium wasn't one of my favorites reads last year) so I hope you will love it too ;)

Happy midnight reading!


We Heart YA wrote: Wed Mar 14, 02:15:00 PM

Lots of great reads in there! We need to get our hands on Pandemonium. We <3 Bell Jar (although it's quite melancholy).


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores