top ten tuesdays! (16)



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. If you love lists
and wracking your brain for answers, then this is the meme for you!

Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads

01. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: This book is absolutely perfect for the beach, because to get there you'll have had to make some journey and perhaps won't be as envious of the one that Amy and Roger embark on. A really superb contemporary. (And, really, anything by Morgan is worth reading!)

02. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone: I know this one hasn't been released yet, but you'll definitely see this in many a beach tote next year, or perhaps this autumn on the West Coast. Interesting characters, a gripping premise - this is one you won't be able to put down.

03. Moonglass by Jessi Kirby: Though this is a perfect summer read, the story offers so much more than that. Anna and her father move to the beach where her parents met, the place where she lost her mother. Her journey for information is moving and makes for a fast read.

04. Starcrossed (or Dreamless) by Josephine Angelini: I have to admit, this is probably my favorite of all the Greek mythology inspired stories out there. That said, there were some Delos family moments that seemed Cullen-esque to me. Nothing that made me dislike the story at all, nor want to stop reading the series. Angelini's writing here does the trick and keeps you wanting more.

05. Dreams of Significant Girls by Cristina García: I don't think this will be a book for everyone, but I think that everyone who makes it to the end will be able to find something inside for them.

06. Blood Red Road by Moira Young: Being that the majority of this world is a desert landscape, it seems like a fitting summer story. Perfect for those looking for something a little different.

07. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson: Shocking confession time - I haven't read anything by Maureen Johnson yet. But I've heard so much about this one that I somewhat feel that I have. It's a book that I'll be reading sometime this summer.

08. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: Okay. This is a book that fits on so many list, but really, even if you're on vacation already this book will take you that extra step to someplace magical.

09. Crossed by Ally Condie: Another book that I think will work as a summer read because of the world building involved, and well, the story is (for me) the best yet of the series. Apparently if a book is set anywhere near hot weather or a desert, it is a summer read for me. The things I find out creating these lists.

10. The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Córdova: I was lucky enough to be one of the tables to have breakfast with her at BEA and she is completely lovely and when I found out that her book is about mermaids I immediately added it to my TBR. I haven't read one before, and this one is set here in NY so I'm a bit biased. (She was also sweet enough to sign my copy!) Sounds like it should be a fun book for the summer.

What are your summer reads?

16 comments on "top ten tuesdays! (16)"

Jen wrote: Tue Jun 12, 09:09:00 AM

I think Anna is going to be on a lot of people's beach lists today! And darn it, I didn't manage to snag Time Between Us at BEA! May have to ask a friend if I can borrow a copy! I plan to spend a lot of time at the beach this summer :)


Lori wrote: Tue Jun 12, 09:24:00 AM

We have some picks in common! I almost put 13 Little Blue Envelopes on my list as well. It's such a great summer read!
My Top Ten


@MelissaJoLynn_ wrote: Tue Jun 12, 09:25:00 AM

I still need to read Blood Red Road so maybe I'll take it to the beach with me this year. I didn't realize most of it was in a desert lol. My Top Ten Tuesday


vikk simmons wrote: Tue Jun 12, 09:39:00 AM

The Vicious Deep does sound interesting. Nice list.


Kristan wrote: Tue Jun 12, 10:02:00 AM

I'm so excited for Time Between Us Now. Grabbed a copy at BEA so this book may have just snuck its way to the top for pool-side reading!

My Top Ten Tuesday
Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves


Li wrote: Tue Jun 12, 10:06:00 AM

Great list! They all sound like perfect summer reads =)

Here's my TTT for this week =)


April (BooksandWine) wrote: Tue Jun 12, 10:06:00 AM

I am legitimately pumped for Time Between Us.

And I was thisclose to putting Amy And Roger's Epic Detour on my list, it's such a wonderful read!

And ahhhh I love Blood Red Road and 13 Little Blue Envelopes as well.

You have great taste!

My Top Ten Tuesday


Farah wrote: Tue Jun 12, 10:53:00 AM

Yay for Amy and Anna! Awesome list! :D

Drop by my Top 10?


Lauren @ Lauren Reads YA wrote: Tue Jun 12, 12:05:00 PM

I can't believe I still haven't read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. It's on my must-read list for this summer though. Great list!

Here's mine: http://laurenreadsya.tumblr.com/post/24956917619/top-ten-tuesday-14-beach-reads


kayerj wrote: Tue Jun 12, 12:32:00 PM

great list--enjoy! kaye—the road goes ever ever on


marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings wrote: Tue Jun 12, 01:43:00 PM

We shared a couple of the same ones but I love all the new ones I have to put on my list now from you!

Marissa
here's my TTT


hbjgvhuogyihpo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 02:32:00 PM

We have a couple of the same books on our lists! I actually just read The Vicious Deep yesterday, and it definitely fits the beachy reads criteria! Great list!

My TTT


Kimberly @ Turning the Pages wrote: Tue Jun 12, 03:19:00 PM

I love your list but I'm sad to say I haven't read any of them but they're all on my summer reading list!
Here's my Top10 post :)

-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages


Laura wrote: Tue Jun 12, 03:33:00 PM

Mhm...I think you just made me wanna reread Anna and the French Kiss - the french setting is just perfect for summer!


Stephsco wrote: Tue Jun 12, 06:43:00 PM

I loved Moonglass! I always tell people about it. Jessi Kirby has a new one out this summer called In Honor which is my next purchase once I get through a few more books I already own.

Anna & French kiss is such a fun one, I loved it. Funny that it takes place during the school year but I definitely count it as a great summer read.


Lauren wrote: Tue Jun 12, 07:29:00 PM

I put 13 Little Blue Envelopes on my list! It's definitely a good beach read. :) I really want to read Starcrossed and I also need to read Anna and the French Kiss since I'm pretty sure everyone else in the world has!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores