writing prompt, poll one (2000-2005)




I've been looking for a way to incorporate writing into this blog without seeming too heavy handed, and I think this may be the right way to do it. Once a month I'm aiming to have a list of songs available for you to choose from. The song with the most votes will be song that I will then write a 200-500 word drabble around. I take liberties with song interpretations, so though the link may not be blatantly obvious it will be there, and when I post the drabble I will explain in a sentence or two how the piece came about.

The songs will not always be in English, they will not always have lyrics - but just choose the one that speaks to you the most. 

For the inaugural post, I've chosen to use the following parameters:
  • Time period: 2000-2005
  • Male musicians
  • Acoustic performance

To get to the YouTube links, add "www.youtube.com/watch?v=" before the code in the poll.

Song prompt choices: (YouTube link included for listening.)
  
pollcode.com free polls 


Incidentally, I've either seen all of these musicians live, worked for them on tour, or both. They are fantastic. I hope you enjoy and thanks for participating!

2 comments on "writing prompt, poll one (2000-2005)"

We Heart YA wrote: Thu Jun 14, 09:58:00 PM

Worked for them on tour?? Dude, you are a cool cat.


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Thu Jun 14, 11:39:00 PM

@We<3YA: I may or may not have sold merch for a few. I was living elsewhere at the time on an internship, and it seemed like too good of an idea to pass up. The option to help out at a concert, for music - yes, please. :)


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores