waiting on wednesday (38)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.


Tim Macbeth is a 17-year-old albino and a recent transfer to the prestigious Irving School, where the motto is, “Enter here to be and find a friend.” Tim does not expect to find a friend; all he really wants to do is escape his senior year unnoticed. Despite his efforts to blend into the background, he finds himself falling for the quintessential “it” girl, Vanessa Sheller, girlfriend of Irving’s most popular boy. To Tim’s surprise, Vanessa is into him, too, and she can kiss her social status goodbye if anyone finds out. Tim and Vanessa enter into a clandestine relationship, but looming over them is the Tragedy Paper, Irving’s version of a senior year thesis, assigned by the school’s least forgiving teacher.
The story unfolds from two alternating viewpoints: Tim, the tragic, love-struck figure, and Duncan, a current senior, who uncovers the truth behind Tim and Vanessa’s story and will consequently produce the greatest Tragedy Paper in Irving’s history.

I'm a sucker for a boarding school story. And the idea of such a story told by the main protagonist's viewpoint and someone else outside of the main plot really has me excited - there are just so may ways that a removed POV can add insight into a story. Top that with what sounds like fantastic character interaction and a paper that will tell it all - I'm so completely sold.

6 comments on "waiting on wednesday (38)"

Jenni wrote: Wed Aug 29, 07:19:00 AM

This sounds really good! I haven't read a book yet with a point-of-view from a character that's not part of the main plot yet but it sounds fascinating. Added it to my TBR list straight away :)

Check out my WoW? Jenni's Bookshelf


Megan at Book Brats wrote: Wed Aug 29, 10:41:00 AM

I've only seen this mentioned once, and I don't remember where, but it wasn't a WoW. But it sounds really interesting, and an outside POV? Interesting. Great pick! I'll definitely be checking it out.

--Megan @ Book Brats


We Heart YA wrote: Wed Aug 29, 12:01:00 PM

We're actually NOT that into boarding school stories... but this one sounds intriguing and very original. Can't wait to see what you think of it!


Kristan wrote: Wed Aug 29, 12:07:00 PM

I haven't heard of this book before. I love the two POVs too. The outside perspective is something I don't think I've read before. Very excited to read this one now too! Awesome choice.

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves


Alexa S. wrote: Wed Aug 29, 12:52:00 PM

This sounds absolutely AMAZING. I can't wait to check this out!


ellepaulette wrote: Wed Aug 29, 07:09:00 PM

Great pick! Thanks for spotlighting it! Check out my WoW!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores