waiting on wednesday (39)


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.


from goodreads: 02/05/2013

Nisha was abandoned at the gates of the City of a Thousand Dolls when she was just a child. Now sixteen, she lives on the grounds of the isolated estate, where orphan girls apprentice as musicians, healers, courtesans, and, if the rumors are true, assassins. Nisha makes her way as Matron’s assistant, her closest companions the mysterious cats that trail her shadow. Only when she begins a forbidden flirtation with the city’s handsome young courier does she let herself imagine a life outside the walls. Until one by one, girls around her start to die.
Before she becomes the next victim, Nisha decides to uncover the secrets that surround the girls’ deaths. But by getting involved, Nisha jeopardizes not only her own future in the City of a Thousand Dolls—but her own life.

I've heard such amazing things about this book already. I love the title and how it paired with the cover lend itself to such an impression about the story. Nisha lives on an abandoned estates with other orphan girls, and the titular reference here to a thousand dolls is powerful. This is a book I can build up and imagine in my head from just the information given, and I'm looking forward to rearranging that with the actual story. A definite pre-order.

5 comments on "waiting on wednesday (39)"

Naomi Hop wrote: Wed Sep 19, 08:21:00 AM

Oooh, I just saw this one!! Fantastic choice!!! I like the synopsis!! Feb can't get here soon enough!!

You can check out My WoW here-
Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace


Chel wrote: Wed Sep 19, 08:30:00 AM

I just saw this one from the previous blog! Love the title, the cover and the synopsis. Thanks for sharing, Kaye!

Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner


Special Needs Mom wrote: Wed Sep 19, 09:12:00 AM

I haven't heard of that book.

New GFC follower

Here's my WoW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html


Unknown wrote: Wed Sep 19, 04:24:00 PM

This one sounds so amazing! I hate the cover, but the synopsis makes up for it.

Here's Our WoW

-Kait @ YA Vixens


We Heart YA wrote: Thu Sep 20, 09:51:00 PM

Whoa, we haven't heard of this one at all, but it sounds awesome, and yes, great title! Thanks for the heads-up.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores