in my mailbox (29)


In My Mailbox, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, allows us to share our
current reads, and books we've received/checked out/purchased over the course of the week.


For review:
Truth (XVI #2), Julia Karr
Kevin's Point of View, Del Shannon

While I wasn't fully in love with XVI as much as I thought I'd be, so far I've heard that Truth is an improvement on it. I still really like the idea and am hoping that this will be the one to pull me back into the series. And thank you to Del Shannon for a copy of the first middle grade book to be reviewed here - it sounds like a lot of fun!

I didn't think I had any books this week mainly because I've worked all weekend (including Friday) and so got home so late that I neglected to check the mailbox until just before. You can expect a review for Truth within the next week as well as something else fun within the next couple of days. Although I'm drowning in both work and school work, I'm still trying to keep up as best I can. :)

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving/weekend (if you're not in America)!

8 comments on "in my mailbox (29)"

Paige wrote: Sun Nov 27, 02:01:00 PM

Truth looks like it's going to be a really good read but i haven't read XVI yet. I hope you enjoy everything! Come check out my IMM!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-10_24.html


Lyrical Brown wrote: Sun Nov 27, 02:10:00 PM

Ooo Del Shannon sent me Kevin's POV to review so I'd definitely be interested to know what you think.

New follower!

Here's my IMM. You might also like to join in the Best of the Bunch book awards, pick your favourite read from November and attach your link to the award post on 30th!


Unknown wrote: Sun Nov 27, 02:50:00 PM

I also received Kevin's for review this week. Happy reading :)


Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Sun Nov 27, 02:53:00 PM

I really want to read Truth! I really enjoyed XVI.


Bex wrote: Sun Nov 27, 03:38:00 PM

I still need to read XVI! I got it a while ago but never got to it. I like the sound of Kevin's POV too. o: Interesting! Enjoy.

My IMM!


Giselle wrote: Sun Nov 27, 06:41:00 PM

I still have to read XVI I'm so intrigued by it's premise!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads


We Heart YA wrote: Sun Nov 27, 09:03:00 PM

Oh, looking forward to your thoughts on Truth. We really liked Julia Karr, so we're happy to hear that her work may be on an upward trend. :)


We Need Reads wrote: Sun Nov 27, 10:23:00 PM

I've been drowning in schoolwork too. ahhhhh. i've heard different things about XVI so i want to check it out!

IMM


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores