follow friday (27)


Q: If you had to spend eternity inside the pages of a book, which book would you choose and why?

I have to thank and give kudos to J.K. Rowling for creating a place where I would happily live forever. I think I'd have to borrow Hermione's Time-Tuner because in order to really experience that world I think you need to start from the bottom up, which means the whole moment of receiving your Hogwarts letter, riding the Hogwarts Express, taking the boat with Hagrid - these things create such a vivid foundation for the rest of your life there.

I'm trying to think of realistic longevity here; as much as I love The Hunger Games and The Scorpio Races, I can't see myself there for eternity. Too dangerous or teeny for me. So I'd have to say I'd also probably choose to be an Outsider in Under the Never Sky. I'd have a bit of Aria's adjustment period, but I think I could absolutely get used to living with nature like Perry does. I love wrapping my mind around the idea of it.

Eternity is an awfully long time. Where would you go?

17 comments on "follow friday (27)"

Ning wrote: Thu Dec 22, 11:37:00 PM

If you put it that way, eternity is very long, but I'd rather spend my time looking at hot man I guess. It would be better if I could become another species haha

Ning
http://readingbykindlefire.blogspot.com
New follower!


Alissa wrote: Fri Dec 23, 12:07:00 AM

I listed Hogwarts as well. :)

And I have to agree with your comment about The Hunger Games. Definitely too dangerous. Although I suppose if you were in the Capitol you'd be okay. :P


Anne@HeadFullofBooks wrote: Fri Dec 23, 12:09:00 AM

This question reminds me of the Jasper Fforde book: The Eyre Affair. In this book people can go inside books, like Jane Eyre, for vacation as long as they don't upset the plot.

Happy Holidays.
Anne@My Head is Full of Books


Anonymous wrote: Fri Dec 23, 12:15:00 AM

Awesome answer! Loved it and I adore HP also- ( :

My answer and my "Follow Friday"

New follower!
Romi.x


Chayse Sundt wrote: Fri Dec 23, 12:43:00 AM

I am interested in Under the Never Sky. I am a new follower so come follow me at bookreaper.blospot.com


thepamjelly wrote: Fri Dec 23, 01:21:00 AM

I answered Harry Potter too! :)

Old follower. Have a great weekend!

Pam | jellylovesbooks


Alison Can Read wrote: Fri Dec 23, 01:30:00 AM

Hopping through. I'd love to visit the Scorpio Races island. I bet it's beautiful.
My Hop


Taneika wrote: Fri Dec 23, 03:08:00 AM

Perfect answer! There are so many book worlds I'd love to visit, but probably not live there forever! I'm about to read Under the Never Sky soon :D and of course Harry Potter was the first thing I thought of <3

New follower :D lovely blog

If you'd like, come check out my blog! I'm also having a giveaway :D

http://flippingthroughthepages00.blogspot.com/


Celine wrote: Fri Dec 23, 03:39:00 AM

I agree with every single books you pikc. The Scorpio Races is simply breathtaking. I love it a lot!

A new follower! :)
Please check out my Follow Friday!
http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-3.html


Chey wrote: Fri Dec 23, 03:43:00 AM

Great choices. Harry Potter, for sure...and I haven't read the others, so I can't really make a comment about those. :P Happy holidays! I'm a new follower. ^_^


Anonymous wrote: Fri Dec 23, 08:56:00 AM

The sea horses in The Scorpio Races scared me. I wouldn't want to live around them. *shivers*
New follower on the hop.

-FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
My FFF...


Amy @ Happily Reading Ever After wrote: Fri Dec 23, 09:06:00 AM

Man, I haven't read any of these books. I really have been wanting to read The Scorpio Races lately though.

New follower

My follow friday
http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-4.html


We Heart YA wrote: Fri Dec 23, 10:45:00 AM

Wow, tough question. Can we piggyback off Anne's answer and say The Eyre Affair bookworld?


Anna @ Literary Exploration wrote: Fri Dec 23, 12:36:00 PM

I haven't read Under the Never Sky yet, but I love the idea of living in nature! Sounds interesting :)

Anna @ Literary Exploration


Anna wrote: Sat Dec 24, 02:00:00 AM

Yeah, I like actually being alive too much to live in the Hunger Games world! :) New follower, check me out at:

http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2011/12/so-follow-my-blog-friday-is-meme-by.html


Sarahbotbonkers wrote: Mon Dec 26, 08:09:00 AM

Oh, I'd live in Hogwarts forever if I have the chance. :) New follower, Happy Holidays!

Sarah @ Smitten over Books


Anna wrote: Wed Dec 28, 06:56:00 PM

I never heard of Under the Never Sky but it sounds interesting! I'm a new follower :)
Annmarie@World of Books


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores