waiting on wednesday (15): in honor


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

(from goodreads 05/08/2012):

Honor receives her brother's last letter from Iraq three days after learning that he died, and opens it the day his fellow Marines lay the flag over his casket. Its contents are a complete shock: concert tickets to see Kyra Kelly, her favorite pop star and Finn's celebrity crush. In his letter, he jokingly charged Honor with the task of telling Kyra Kelly that he was in love with her.

Grief-stricken and determined to grant Finn's last request, she rushes to leave immediately. But she only gets as far as the driveway before running into Rusty, Finn's best friend since third grade and his polar opposite. She hasn't seen him in ages, thanks to a falling out between the two guys, but Rusty is much the same as Honor remembers him: arrogant, stubborn. . . and ruggedly good looking. Neither one is what the other would ever look for in a road trip partner, but the two of them set off together, on a voyage that makes sense only because it doesn't. Along the way, they find small and sometimes surprising ways to ease their shared loss and honor Finn--but when shocking truths are revealed at the end of the road, will either of them be able to cope with the consequences?
Although I didn't get to post this week's top ten list, Moonglass by Jessi Kirby would have been one of the books that I loved but never had the chance to review. It was a book I enjoyed reading and found it to be much more than it seemed, and so when I found out that she had another book coming out next year about a road trip and a definite sense of personal exploration, well, it was an automatic add to the TBR. And, really, how could you not love that outfit? (I would wear those boots in an instant.) It almost seems like an updated version of Dorothy Gale, and if it turns out that Honor is from Kansas there will be much understanding nodding on my behalf.

16 comments on "waiting on wednesday (15): in honor"

Cait wrote: Wed Aug 24, 09:45:00 AM

ooh this isn't the sort of thing I'd usually go for but it does sound really good! Great pick

The Cait Files


Sarah@Catching Books wrote: Wed Aug 24, 09:50:00 AM

new follower :)

Wow this seems like an awesome book! I will have to check it out!

check out my waiting on Wednesday!
http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-goddess.html


Heather Lynn wrote: Wed Aug 24, 09:59:00 AM

this sounds pretty good! check out my WoW http://breathingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday.html


Jenna JL wrote: Wed Aug 24, 10:59:00 AM

I haven't been reading much contemp lately, but this sounds interesting. I've also heard a lot of praise for her other book MOONGLASS.

My WoW is BEAUTIFUL DAYS.


Natalie wrote: Wed Aug 24, 11:21:00 AM

This book sounds really good! I'm adding it to my Goodreads list now!


Rachel wrote: Wed Aug 24, 11:37:00 AM

Moonglass was such a good book so I am really excited about this one.

My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-19.html


Alissa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 11:50:00 AM

Love the cover, love the premise - going to add it to my TBR list! :)


Jenny wrote: Wed Aug 24, 02:42:00 PM

Sigh, now I'll have to read this one too. ;)


Francesca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 05:02:00 PM

This one looks really good, sweet and sad, definitely one to add to the TBR list!

New follower here : )

My Wow

Suzanne @ Under the Covers


Karen L. wrote: Wed Aug 24, 06:34:00 PM

I love the cover! And road trips? I'm so in! I'm def adding this to my TBR. Here's my WoW.


Anonymous wrote: Wed Aug 24, 07:10:00 PM

I have seen this one around and it looks really good! Great pick :)

I was reading Night Circus, but I couldn't get into it so I put it down. Need to pick it back up though. How are you liking it?


Kristan wrote: Wed Aug 24, 07:21:00 PM

Never heard of this book, but I'm so glad I ran into your blog because it sounds awesome! First off, I love the cover! Dresses and boots make me smile. The plot also sounds sweet. I'm just so upset that it isn't released until May. That seems like forever!!!

Your blog is great. New Follower!

Here's my WoW

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves


Anonymous wrote: Wed Aug 24, 08:36:00 PM

I didn't know she already had another book in the works! I just read Moonglass and really liked it as well. I'm glad you posted about this one :)

My WoW

-Sarah @ Y.A. Love


Alison Can Read wrote: Wed Aug 24, 11:32:00 PM

Sounds fun! This is the type of contemporary fiction that could be super cute.


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Thu Aug 25, 11:25:00 AM

Ohhh, another new book I haven't heard of yet! It sounds really great! Thanks for sharing!


Hannah Mariska wrote: Thu Aug 25, 04:58:00 PM

Haven't heard of this one, but it definitely has an interesting concept, and a pretty cover :)


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores