waiting on wednesday (31)


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.


goodreads 05/01/2012:
Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced that she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart.


Guys, I really enjoy the premise of this series even though I'm not much of a Logan fan, though I understand his part in the plot. I like the what-if of these books, and I think it efficiently captures a scenario that could be plausible if the given situation happened. I'm hoping though that it's not allll action and that they don't reunite two pages from the end - not going to lie, sometimes I just like a smidgen of happiness in my endings, and these two together are adorable.

I'm also hoping that the spine of this book won't throw it off too much with the other two on my shelf. What is everyone else looking forward to? 2012 is shaping up to be a great book year!

8 comments on "waiting on wednesday (31)"

Anonymous wrote: Wed Jan 04, 10:08:00 AM

I hear a lot about Jeri Smith-Ready's books and it's all good. Maybe 2012 is the year I read this series. Thanks for sharing :-)


We Heart YA wrote: Wed Jan 04, 11:12:00 AM

LOL, we love that you are worried about the spine.


Pamela wrote: Wed Jan 04, 11:42:00 AM

Gah I keep meaning to read these books, but never get to them! I can't believe the third is coming out already. I'm not too happy about the cover changes, the originals were much much nicer. Oh well. I'm sure it'll still look fine with the other spines ;).

Feel free to check out my WoW here.


Lea (YA Book Queen) wrote: Wed Jan 04, 11:48:00 AM

So excited! And I agree too, I'm hoping the spine will somehow be able to blend in with the other two books when on a bookshelf.

Great choice!


Nea wrote: Wed Jan 04, 12:25:00 PM

OH OH OH!! I so can't wait for Shine to come out!!! I am dying to read this book!! :) :) GREAT PICK ;)


Jessica (Peace Love Books) wrote: Wed Jan 04, 03:24:00 PM

ooooh I've never heard of this one but it looks so good!!! The cover is gorgeous. Great pick!

Here's my WoW!


A Beautiful Madness wrote: Wed Jan 04, 05:08:00 PM

ohh I still haven't started this series, but it sounds really great! Good pick!
Em
My WOW
A Beautiful Madness


Cathy De Los Santos wrote: Wed Jan 04, 06:25:00 PM

I havne't seen this one, looks like a great book. Here's my WoW


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores