follow friday (31)




Q: What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaptation of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?

It's funny, because the last FF that I participated in, the question was which film would I like to see a film version of. I'll mirror that answer here in part, because while I think The Night Circus would be an amazing film, it's such a book that is unique to each person who reads it. My mental Marco, Celia, and Prospero and how I envisioned all the moments as they unfurled are so ingrained in my reading of the novel that it's hard to separate the two.

I'm also rather nervous about The Scorpio Races*. By now you probably know how much I adore this book and if Sean Kendrick becomes a lean-y, glare-y emo stablehand I'd probably just burst into tears. (Or if Puck is any less amazing than she inherently is.) This is a book that's so close to my heart that I   almost prefer that it stick to the black and white rather than any attempt at being further fleshed out. And then I think of the horses and water.

*TSR is currently on sale via Amazon as an e-book for $3. If you haven't read it, here's the perfect opportunity to give it a shot. You can find reviews of The Night Circus (here) and The Scorpio Races (here).

9 comments on "follow friday (31)"

Imo wrote: Fri Apr 13, 01:12:00 AM

New Follower!
Good answer, this is the second time i've heard The Night Circus and i totally agree with you, i think a movie would spoil it.
Have an awesome weekend and stop by if you can :D


Alison Can Read wrote: Fri Apr 13, 01:34:00 AM

Hopping through. I hope they don't make a movie of Scorpio Races. I don't think they could ever get it right.
My Hop


Obsession with Books wrote: Fri Apr 13, 02:57:00 AM

Hi & Happy Friday!

I haven't read these books as yet..

My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/feature-follow-friday-13th-april.html

Have a nice weekend, Sharon


Pocketful of Books wrote: Fri Apr 13, 03:09:00 AM

Hmm from what I've heard about The Scorpio Races I think it would be a hard one to make a movie of!

New Follower :-)

My FF: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/follow-friday_12.html


Jenny wrote: Fri Apr 13, 06:12:00 AM

Hi! I'm a new follower hopping by!

Lovely answer! I haven't read The Scorpio races yet ^^ and I think Night Circus would be a great movie with all those stunning visual imagery but yeah it might be difficult to have everything perfect for a two hour movie.

My fff:
http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature-follow-friday-2.html


Laura BurgandyIce wrote: Fri Apr 13, 11:46:00 AM

Oh yea!! The Scorpio Races is a great answer!! They'd probably try to use horses, or something, which would be all wrong!! 'Cept for Puck's, of course.

-Burgandy Ice


Patricia wrote: Fri Apr 13, 12:01:00 PM

I haven't read either book yet but they both seem to be very popular picks today, so I guess I should remedy that. :D

Patricia // My FF


Anonymous wrote: Fri Apr 13, 08:36:00 PM

Happy FF! Just sneaking through to say hey. I hope you'll stop by & visit me too.

Jenny @ Into the Morning Reads


We Heart YA wrote: Mon Apr 16, 02:41:00 PM

Good calls! The water horses in SCORPIO RACES would be really hard to get right, too. A lot of stuff would probably have to be CGI for THE NIGHT CIRCUS, the given where we are with that technology (i.e., Avatar and Hugo) we think that could turn out pretty well.

We are both dying to see, and terrified to see, DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE as a movie.

On the flip side, it would be cool to see Stephanie Perkins's books on the big screen.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores