follow friday (7)


This week's question courtesy of Parajunkee's Follow Friday is:


Q: In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae? 


I wish I had more time to spend with this, but as I'm rushing out the door for work I'm going to say Charles Perrault's  La Belle au bois dormant, better known as Sleeping Beauty. I love the original French version and the English translations as well as the Disney version that's more or less based on Tchaikovsky - but who doesn't love Tchaikovsky? There's another one that is escaping the name of me that I've translated before myself but I forget the name of it. I'll have to think on it! 

As for books and the fae can I say Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series and the play it was based on, A Midsummer Night's Dream - which I love seeing performed in Central Park on occasion during the summer!

12 comments on "follow friday (7)"

Anonymous wrote: Fri Jun 24, 09:19:00 AM

We seem to have similar taste in fairy books. I also chose the Iron Fey series and A Midsummer Night's Dream. Old follower just spreading some FF love :-)

http://thefablefairy.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday-3.html


karen! wrote: Fri Jun 24, 09:31:00 AM

I'm just popping by from Parajunkee. I haven't put up my follow-friday post yet, but I thought I'd get a head start on my visiting (and maybe get some ideas of fairy books for my to-be-read list).

I haven't read Midsummer Night's Dream in Ages. I think it might be time for a re-read.

Happy Friday!
I'm following you now.

morsie reads


Kristen wrote: Fri Jun 24, 10:19:00 AM

Hi, just stopping by from the Follow Friday blog hop, but I'm an old follower. I haven't read The Iron Fey series yet, but I definitely want to!

Kristen @suchateenagebookworm.blogspot.com


Unknown wrote: Fri Jun 24, 12:22:00 PM

Sleeping Beauty is great. And so is Tchaikovsky :)

New follower.

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday_24.html


kathy wrote: Fri Jun 24, 12:56:00 PM

Old follower, just hopping by. :) I've seen the Iron Fey a few times today. I really need to read those. And yay for Sleeping Beauty. I love all the (Disney) fairy tales.
Happy Friday


Emma wrote: Fri Jun 24, 02:07:00 PM

old follower, but same choices! I have to say that your answers are so much more worldly than mine :)

Happy weekend!


Anonymous wrote: Fri Jun 24, 03:27:00 PM

I love The Iron Fey series too! It's really great (:

New follower!


JacobTeal wrote: Fri Jun 24, 03:46:00 PM

Hey there, I found your blog via Follow Friday, and I'm your latest follower!

If you get a moment, head over to Teen Fiction Centre and have a look around!


Anonymous wrote: Fri Jun 24, 04:32:00 PM

Hey, new follower!

I love your blog.

I have The Iron Fey series but I haven't read it yet. I'm so excited to though

Catiebug @ Escape to Wonderland


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Fri Jun 24, 06:22:00 PM

@TFF: How funny! I haven't gotten to chance to check out everyone's FF, but anyone that loves those two is definitely a friend of mine! I need to reread A Midsummer Night's Dream, I haven't done so in awhile. :)

@karen: Maybe there could be a summer reread of it sometime? It definitely sounds like a plan. I haven't read many other fae books so I'm on the look out for other recs. And welcome!

@Kristen: Oh, boy, you are in for a treat! I wish I could reread them all from scratch as they were so addicting and clever. I'm looking forward to The Iron Knight!

@Library Snake: Fabulous. We are on the same wavelength. I love playing Tchaikovsky, listening - anything. I might have to put some on now, in fact!

@kathy: I blearily jumped from bed to read the question and these were the first things that popped into my head but I stand by them. I'm a huge fan of Disney and Julie Kagawa - I can't wait to see what you have to say when you read them!

@Katie: They are so good. I had no idea coming in and was a bit hesitant but now I tell everyone how much I loved them. :)

@TFC: I'm going to pop by after I catch up! Welcome!

@Catiebug: Aw, thank you! And I think you'll love it! I'll be your newest follower and then I can see what you think when you've read them. :)


Alison Can Read wrote: Sat Jun 25, 08:07:00 PM

Hopping through. I'd love to go to Shakespeare in the Park some day. Of course, I'd just love to go to NYC.
My Hop


Melissa (i swim for oceans) wrote: Sat Jun 25, 10:01:00 PM

Ella Enchanted. Hands down - best version ever...just don't ever watch the film ;)


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores