in my mailbox (8)

This is probably the first week in awhile that I haven't bought any books, although I almost did the other day and I certainly will this week. (I just started the Vampire Academy series a day or so ago and I'm already on book 3 and completely addicted. I need the rest of them! And I love Dimitri.) I'm still catching up from books I got a few weeks ago and from holds that have arrived at the library. Here goes!

Galley Grab:
Witchlanders, Lena Coakley
The Unwanteds, Lisa McMann

Witchlanders is a book that Hannah of My Book Journey first turned me on to and I thought that I was going to have to wait until August to read it. Thankfully I don't have to. The Unwanteds is a rare case of a blurb completely selling me - "The Hunger Games meets Harry Potter"? Oh, well played, Kirkus.

Library:
Imaginary Girls, Nova Ren Suma
Starcrossed, Josephine Angelini


Galley Grab:
Frost, Wendy Delsol

I've had Stork on my TBR for awhile now, but now that I have a copy of Frost I'll have to definitely read push the first book up so I can read them in order. This is a series I'm looking forward to.

Thank you to Simon & Schuster and Candlewick for the e-ARCs!

17 comments on "in my mailbox (8)"

Harpreet Singh wrote: Sun Jun 19, 06:01:00 PM

WOO!! All five of these look AMAZ-ING! I really want to get my hands on a copy of STARCROSSED and IMAGINARY GIRLS! Great IMM!
Here's Mine: http://booksforteens6212.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-2.html

I'm a new follower btw, and I hope to hear more from you soon!

~Harpreet @ A Spark of Interest - Books for Teens


Sarah Woodard wrote: Sun Jun 19, 06:02:00 PM

Awesome week!


Shelagh wrote: Sun Jun 19, 06:14:00 PM

Hi Kaye. Really interesting IMM this week. I got Starcrossed for review last week and I'm really looking forward to it. Imaginary Girls has gotten some mixed reviews that I've seen, but the premise really intrigues me. And Witchlanders and The Unwanteds have immediately gone onto my TBR/wishlist.

Happy reading!

Shelagh
The Word Fiend


Jessica (Peace Love Books) wrote: Sun Jun 19, 07:35:00 PM

Imaginary Girls look so good! I hope you enjoy it! Check out My IMM if you get the chance! Happy reading!

-Jessica (Peace Love Books)


Loren Chase wrote: Sun Jun 19, 08:30:00 PM

Aaah! I really want to read Witchlanders!!! And I got Frost as well. I have Stork on my shelf but I keep putting it off lol. This will finally force me to read it and I hope it's as good as it sounds! Great IMM this week! ;)

~Loren


Jenny wrote: Sun Jun 19, 08:35:00 PM

Witchlanders look quite good and I saw Imaginary Girls at Costco and almost got it but I passed it up. I'll see what you think first.


We Heart YA wrote: Sun Jun 19, 09:09:00 PM

Ooo, can't wait to hear what you think about Imaginary Girls and Starcrossed. We just picked up the former, and we plan to read the latter at some point...


Chel wrote: Sun Jun 19, 09:13:00 PM

Imaginary Girls looks so good! Haven't checked my e-mail so I haven't downloaded anything from GG. Happy reading! :)


Jenny wrote: Sun Jun 19, 09:23:00 PM

Great books! I got some of these as well. I look forward to seeing what you think of them. Here's what I got this week. Happy reading!


Melissa (i swim for oceans) wrote: Sun Jun 19, 09:39:00 PM

STORK is an amazing book, and I'm so excited to review FROST< which is on my shelf now. Enjoy all your new books :)


Alison Can Read wrote: Sun Jun 19, 11:22:00 PM

Great set! I really want to read Witchlanders and Starcrossed.
My IMM


Wendy Darling wrote: Mon Jun 20, 03:04:00 AM

Witchlanders is up pretty soon in my pile, too. :) I'll be curious to see what you think of STORK and FROST, I've been putting off writing the review for book 2.


Donna K. Weaver wrote: Mon Jun 20, 01:59:00 PM

I thought book three in the Vampire Academy series was the best. I was not pleased with the way she concluded the series (not what happened so much as the way she brought it about). There was so much potential that I thought she totally blew. My daughter who got me into the series got so done with it she won't read the last book.


Alissa wrote: Mon Jun 20, 02:18:00 PM

I've heard Imaginary Girls is AWESOME. Hope you enjoy! :]


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Mon Jun 20, 02:40:00 PM

I'm going to get to replying to everyone, but Donna, I am 100% in agreement with you. I was so angry and frustrated after finishing the third book last night that I wasn't sure that I even wanted to continue. There's shock factor and then there's sort of needlessness and I'm very inclined to say that the way everything is going is verging on the latter.

I did buy books 4 and 5 just now at B&N but I might hold off on the sixth if that's the way things are going. It's a shame.


Lauren wrote: Tue Jun 21, 10:39:00 PM

Oh wow, I really want to read *all* of these! Especially Witchlander & The Unwanteds. I have a sneaking suspicion I will never conquer my TBR pile.


Jennifer A wrote: Fri Jun 24, 01:32:00 AM

Oh wow. I've never heard of Witchlanders! It sounds pretty amazing. I'll definitely have to check it out! I'm glad you shared!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores