top ten tuesdays! (13)


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. If you love lists
and wracking your brain for answers, then this is the meme for you!

I'm baaaaack! 

Top Ten Books For The Holidays:
01. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: I have the ARC for this one, but I want it as a sexy hardback. My very own copy to gaze happily at on my bookshelf. (I do this, but out of complete book love.)
02. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: You might say, why kaye, you already have this book! And to that I'd nod, but emphasize just how much I absolutely adore it. We might have to have quote time soon, and I'd pick a lot from this (and Shatter Me). In any case, I love the UK cover and would love to have a copy of it.
03. Legend by Marie Lu: This is the book I'd promise myself I could would purchase after finals. Well, my last exam is in January, but there's no way I'm waiting until then. It's dystopian. I'm thrilled.
04. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith: Aside from dreams of Insurgent ARCs, this is a book that I have been dying to read. I love airports. I love the title. I love the possibility of it. My heart gets all warm with the thought. I'm allowed one unrealistic choice, right?
05. Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys: This is one I've been meaning to read for months and the book stars never aligned properly for me to do so.
06. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar: I feel like I've experienced loving this through the enthusiasm of others. I want to read it for myself, and I have to figure out how to make that happens.
07. Larkstorm by Dawn Rae Miller: After just finishing Under the Never Sky, the plots sound somewhat similar, but I enjoyed the former so much that I still want to read Larkstorm. I want to explore different possibilities within the similarity.
08. Anything in sequential order by Cinda Williams Chima. The covers have me hooked, and I don't even know what the books are about. Which series should be read first?
09. Anything by Aussie authors. Okay, so I know this is getting a little ridiculous, but I haven't read Raw Blue, I haven't Melina Marchetta, Cath Crowley, and I have The Book Thief on my shelf but haven't read it yet. (I did read the first couple in the Tomorrow series, though, and just couldn't make it work.)
10. Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins: Been in my mental queue for ages, but a friend just reviewed it on Goodreads which reminded me of it altogether. And, well, it's Suzanne Collins. I'm a believer.

I started this post on a Tuesday, but it takes me so long to hem and haw over just which books I should pick that it's now Wednesday. Technicalities!

3 comments on "top ten tuesdays! (13)"

Lea (YA Book Queen) wrote: Wed Dec 21, 12:45:00 PM

Between Shades of Gray is amazing, I hope you get that one for the holidays :)

Great list!


We Heart YA wrote: Wed Dec 21, 03:06:00 PM

After your singing its praises, we are all dying to read The Scorpio Races! :P

We highly recommend The Book Thief. It's not your typical high-paced YA -- not even marketed as YA in Australia -- but it's so worth it.


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Thu Dec 22, 12:48:00 AM

@Lea: You've sealed the deal for me! I hope there are some massive after holiday sales because all I want to do is play reading catch up!

@weheartYA: Maybe it's just my weird connection with TSR, but, boy, I'm such a fangirl. And I'm trying to intersperse my review books with older ones, and so am reading currently If I Stay (after reading The Probability of Miracles, also sad!). I will have to read some happy ones before I try The Book Thief, but I can't wait for it. :)


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores