in my mailbox (35) : mostly BEA edition


In My Mailbox, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, allows us to share our
current reads, and books we've received/checked out/purchased over the course of the week.


I apologise in advance for the quality of the photos - by the time I got home today from work to take them I lost all natural light and had to bring a lamp around as I took them, but it was hard to juggle my DSLR (plus focus) and the lamp, so some of them are super saturated and washed out.

This is also not everything that I picked up at BEA; my mum has a pile, and there's also a bag of adult fiction and another bag of things I got at the blogger's convention. There's also a few scattered in other places, depending on where I sit to read.

I said in my last BEA-related post that the bloggers are the best thing about the whole week, and many of these books would not be possible without their assistance. Aliya, Heidi, Grace, Olivia, Jenna - the list is limitless, and you guys seriously made my week (and the lines, the crowds, the everything worth it). Thank you! :)

Warning: This post is extraordinarily image heavy.


The Dark Unwinding, Sharon Cameron
The Blessed, Tonya Hurley
Entice, Jessica Shirvington
Because It Is My Blood, Gabrielle Zevin 
Summer and Bird, Katherine Catmull


Shadows, Ilsa J. Bick (next on my TBR!)
Glass Heart, Amy Garvey (Amy is so nice)
Origin, Jessica Khoury
Carnival of Souls, Melissa Marr


Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor (with Days of Blood and Starlight chapters!!)
Passion Blue, Victoria Strauss
Masque of the Red Death, Bethany Griffin
Destined, Aprilynne Pike
Unraveling, Elizabeth Norris
The Vicious Deep, Zoraida Cordova

Level 2, Lenore Appelhans (Hi, Lenore! <3)
Return to Me, Justina Chen
The Darkest Minds, Alexandra Bracken
Out of the Easy, Ruta Sepetys 
Between Shades of Gray, Ruta Sepetys (We had a John Green moment. It was fabulous.)
Fall to Pieces, Vahini Naidoo

Son, Lois Lowry (!!)
Beta, Rachel Cohn
Eve & Adam, Michael Grant & Katherine Applegate
The Turning, Francine Prose
Magisterium, Jeff Hirsch (The cover on this is hypnotising!)
Feedback, Robison Wells (Ahhh, this book!)

Who I Kissed, Janet Gurtler
Crewel, Gennifer Albin
Venom, Fiona Paul

Time Between Us, Tamara Ireland Stone
Can I have a moment for Tamara? Because she was amazingly sweet, and in our
discussion she not only signed a bookmark for my copy, but put a little heart
around the page number with her favorite passage. And her book is fabulous.
The Wishing Spell, Chris Colfer
Beautiful Lies, Jessica Warman
The Age of Miracles, Karen Thompson Walker
Point of Origin, Amanda Harvard (Lovely lady!)

Fathomless, Jackson Pearce (Who is awesome.)
Eternally Yours, Cate Tiernan
Becoming Holmes, Shane Peacock (Anything vaguely ACD? Yes, please.)
Chosen Ones, Tiffany Truitt
The Lifeguard, Deborah Blumenthal
Keep Holding On, Susane Colasanti

Black City, Elizabeth Richards
Endangered, Eliot Schrefer
The fact that a book exists with this topic makes me incredibly hopeful and happy.
Skinny, Donna Cooner
Cursed, Jennifer L. Armentrout
In A Glass Grimmly, Adam Gidwitz
The Spindlers, Lauren Oliver

The Raven Boys, Maggie Stiefvater (The book I wanted most to get!)
Prodigy, Marie Lu
What's Left of Me, Kat Zhang (The book I wanted second most!)
Every Day, David Levithan (Lost my tongue the moment I saw him.)
Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Mass (Great debut fantasy.)
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, William Joyce/Joe Blum (Fabulous fabulous children's book. I cried.)
The Curiosities, Maggie Stiefvater/Tessa Gratton/Brenna Yovanoff (Maggie remembered me from the Raven Boys signing; we all discussed our drawings.)

Nerdfighter designed cover. DFTBA!

I have to mention that I also met the incredibly lovely and even more adorable in person Victoria Schwab, who signed a copy of The Near Witch. I was really hoping I'd get a chance to run into her. This also applies to Aimée Carter (so sweet)!

Purchased/Gifted/Won:
Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein (20% off coupon. Thanks, B&N!)
Dreamless, Josephine Angelini
Trafficked, Kim Purcell
The Immortal Rules, Julie Kagawa
Rapture, Lauren Kate (Thank you, Random House!)

From the publisher:
Outpost, Ann Aguirre
My Book of Life by Angel, Martine Leavitt (Especially looking forward to this.)

Thank you so much, Macmillan! :) I'm pretty consistently impressed with their titles, so this should be good.

If you made it to the bottom, I think you get a gold star. And a nap. Thanks for visiting, everyone! And I have a handful of these reviews written already, and scheduled for closer to the publication date so keep checking back for them. Have a great weekend, friends!

14 comments on "in my mailbox (35) : mostly BEA edition"

Lenore Appelhans wrote: Sun Jun 17, 07:23:00 AM

OMG Kaye! That's a ton of books! (also, Hi back <3) I hope you find the time someday to read LEVEL 2 :)


Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures wrote: Sun Jun 17, 09:04:00 AM

So many fantastic books!!! BEA must have been an amazing experience as well. :) I'm dying to read Unraveling and Between Shades of Gray (although I do have copy of BSOG, I haven't had time to read it). Great haul!

My haul for this week (:

Happy reading!


kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews wrote: Sun Jun 17, 01:20:00 PM

So many gorgeous books! The Dark Unwinding and Venom *gulp* Really want to read these two! Enjoy :)


Unknown wrote: Sun Jun 17, 02:17:00 PM

Some great books you got there! Hope, you'll enjoy them :D

Happy Reading!
Filia @ Anima Libri - Booksoul

My IMM


McKenna wrote: Sun Jun 17, 03:27:00 PM

Wow! I am so jealous of this haul! I hope to get to BEA someday when I am old enough, but for now I must droop over posts such as yours. Here is my IMM if you are interested - http://youngatheartbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-11.html

McKenna @ Young at Heart

PS..your blog is super cute :)


barmybex wrote: Sun Jun 17, 03:28:00 PM

I just finished 'Immortal Rules' and it was really good. :D

There are 3 books in that pile that I am insanely jealous for - 'Blessed' by Tonya Hurley, 'The Raven Boys' by Maggie Stiefvater and 'Rapture' by Lauren Kate. I'd have gone just for those!!!

Lots of other cool books though. Really hope I can get to BEA someday.

Loved seeing all the write ups. :D
thanks!


Paige wrote: Sun Jun 17, 03:55:00 PM

I read The Immortal Rules and I didn't love it but it qas good. I also can't wait to read Because It's My Blood I loved the first book =) I also really need to get some Susane Colasanti because I've been hearing some great things about her books. Anyways I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM!

http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-39-weekly-wrap-up.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books


Danie wrote: Sun Jun 17, 07:12:00 PM

Wow, you got some amazing books this week! I especially loved The Immortal Rules.


Check out my IMM? It's the first one with my new associate reviewer!

Have a great week!
-Danie


Alison Can Read wrote: Sun Jun 17, 08:26:00 PM

Great set! i really wish I'd gotten the Abundance of Katherines PB. Oh well. Cool that you got Level 2 as well.
My BEA Bookish Recap


Joie wrote: Sun Jun 17, 11:20:00 PM

Goodness gracious, that's a huge (but awesome) haul! I seriously cannot wait for Fathomless (LOVE Jackson Pierce) and The Immortal Rules was super good! Hope you enjoy!

Here’s my IMM


Heidi wrote: Mon Jun 18, 05:05:00 PM

I wish I could have run around with you the entire time, you got so many awesome books! I'm bummed I didn't get Throne of Glass, Beta, and What's Left of Me but I have a big enough stack to last me ages. It was so awesome meeting you!


Unknown wrote: Wed Jul 04, 02:16:00 AM

Weee! You're one of the bloggers I met at BEA that I won't forget! :)


Unknown wrote: Wed Jul 04, 02:17:00 AM

and if your dream job will come true, don't forget me! :)


Unknown wrote: Mon Jul 30, 07:03:00 AM

OMG I hope you giveaway your Prodigy or The Raven Boys. I want to read those so badly!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores