in my mailbox (34)


In My Mailbox, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, allows us to share our
current reads, and books we've received/checked out/purchased over the course of the week.


Paper Towns, John Green (how did I not have a copy before?)
The Drowned Cities, Paolo Bacigalupi

Annnd, I got lucky! Look at this:

A signed copy, right off of the shelf! (On the bottom, in the back.)
I'm so, so excited for this one.

That's all for this week, folks! Time to go see Benedict Cumberbatch in Frankenstein with Sherlock NYC! And what a gorgeous day it is to be brunching, discussing and watching a fabulous theatre adaptation of such a classic novel. BEA TOMORROW! :)

8 comments on "in my mailbox (34)"

Lea (YA Book Queen) wrote: Sun Jun 03, 11:22:00 AM

I adore that cover for Paper Towns...and congrats on finding a signed copy of Drowned Cities! Very cool :)

Happy reading!


Anonymous wrote: Sun Jun 03, 11:34:00 AM

I want Paper Towns too. I've heard good things about it. Yay for a signed book! I love when I find those!

Jenny


Paige wrote: Sun Jun 03, 01:45:00 PM

I've heard great things about Paper Towns, and I can't wait to read it. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Here's my IMM!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/in-my-mailbox-37-weekly-wrap-up.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books


Stephsco wrote: Sun Jun 03, 04:18:00 PM

Paper Towns was my first John Green read. Now I own and have read the rest of his work. LOVE IT. There's a reason he has a legion of Nerdfighters.

Have a wonderful time at BEA. I'll be living vicariously through the twitter feed! #BEA12


Cindy wrote: Mon Jun 04, 12:49:00 PM

Great books! Enjoy :)


Sonia wrote: Mon Jun 04, 09:18:00 PM

JOHN GREEN <3 That's like ALL I have to say on the subject, haha :)

And wooooooooow, BEA! *tries to hide jealousy* Seriously Kaye, I hope you have the best time EVER. I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back... have tons of fun!!

Sonia


We Heart YA wrote: Tue Jun 05, 01:44:00 PM

Between PAPER TOWNS, Sherlock, and BEA, we are so jealous of you we might die. :P


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Thu Jun 14, 11:34:00 PM

@YA Book Queen: I'm wondering if all of the works of John Green are going to be getting the cover overhaul (à la An Abundance of Katherines), but I do like this cover a lot! And I seriously flipped out a bit in B&N for The Drowned Cities. <3

@Jenny: The excitement of finding a book that's signed is kind of like finding a puppy on the shelf.

@Paige: Ah, you will love it! John Green works his magic yet again. He just has a way with words that connects to the reader on so many individual levels that astounds me.

@Steph: I have been finding Nerdfighters in the most random of places and the happiness it brings me is fairly great. :)

@Cindy: Thanks! I'd been looking forward to them for quite a bit!

@Sonia: I CONCUR. <3

I hope that you get to come sometime, it would be so lovely to see you! I wish I could pack you all in my little suitcase like book elves to release at the Javits center for an adventure.

@We<3YA: They were my end-of-semester/year treats to myself, and now I'm resigned to a summer of work and school. But it's all been worth it, so I'm more than pleased with the sort of vacation. I swear, one year I am taking you all with me to BEA! :D


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores