follow friday (2)

My brain's a little frazzled by blogger having been down (and still being down in some respects as posts and comments are missing - I apologise! I did reply!), so here's a nice and easy post as a part of Parajunkee's Follow Friday.

This week's question is: 

Q. The Blogger Apocalypse made me a little emotional. What is the most emotional scene in a book that you have read lately?


I just finished Deb Caletti's Stay last night and I'd probably have to say that the entire book was one big emotional ride. By the end I was sort of peering over my shoulder and hugging whatever cat hopped onto my bed.

Last month I also was reading again A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin in anticipation of the upcoming release of A Dance With Dragons and, again, that book was...intense. I know it's not YA, but I'm still wholly in love with that series.

Also, unrelated, there was a post of Entwined that got eaten by Blogger but should be restored at some point. I scheduled it for yesterday afternoon - at least it worked this time! I missed you guys, hope everyone is well.

18 comments on "follow friday (2)"

The Scarf Princess wrote: Fri May 13, 01:11:00 PM

I definitely want to read the George R R Martin series since I've been enjoying the tv series so much. I'm your newest follower and would love for you to visit me whenever you get a chance.

http://wowfromthescarfprincess.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday_13.html


Loren Chase wrote: Fri May 13, 01:15:00 PM

I keep avoiding Stay for some reason. I'm definitely going to have to check it out. Have you seen the HBO series A Game of Thrones based on Martin's books? So good! New follower;)


We Heart YA wrote: Fri May 13, 01:25:00 PM

Gah! We were totally going to comment on your ENTWINED review. Hopefully Blogger gets things restored soon...

(Just in case not, the gist of it is: YAY we loved ENTWINED and we're glad you did too!)


Annette Mills wrote: Fri May 13, 01:29:00 PM

Haven't got into George R R Martin yet, but I'd like to some day.

Happy Reading! Hope you posts are all successful. One of mine got deleted, but I was able to post it again.


Lisa wrote: Fri May 13, 01:42:00 PM

I've heard Stay was really good. I can't wait to read it.


JessiM wrote: Fri May 13, 01:59:00 PM

I just started Martin's books and I've heard they get pretty intense.

New follower. :-) Happy Friday!

Jessi @ Reading in the Corner


Kellie wrote: Fri May 13, 02:08:00 PM

I'm just starting my adventure into A Song of Ice and Fire. Loving it so far!

New follower!! (Love your logo!)

Kellie @ reawrite.com


Sara wrote: Fri May 13, 04:42:00 PM

I hope you're review is back (I'll go look :) ) one of mine got eaten my the monster Blogger also.

Following http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-and-book-blogger-hop_13.html


Alison Can Read wrote: Fri May 13, 06:17:00 PM

Hopping through. New follower! One of my goals is to read the Game of Thrones books this year. My friend is obsessed and I'm intrigued.
My Hop


Izzy G. wrote: Fri May 13, 06:55:00 PM

Hi, I'm hopping on by! I'm a new follower; I have to say, I really love your layout. :) Stay by Deb Caletti sounds like an amazing book. I've heard so much about it, so I really have to read it!


Izzy @ My Words Ate Me


Obsession with Books wrote: Fri May 13, 08:01:00 PM

Hi & Happy Friday!

I am a new follower :)

I haven't read this book as yet..

My FF is here, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Fri May 13, 10:29:00 PM

I'm going to try and break this up into a few replies per comment:
@joder: I stand by my statement made elsewhere that Game of Thrones on HBO is probably the most well-made series that I've seen in quite a while. Production, casting, setting - everything is fabulous. And the books are definitely, definitely worth the read!

@Loren: STAY is a lot to take in, so I'd read it when you don't have to go anywhere and maybe have a cupcake and a cat. ;) But it is a good read. I'll be putting the review up over the weekend, too. And Game of Thrones is just perfect. I'm a happy nerd. (Alsooooo I saw that you're writing dystopian - I'm pretty sure I love you already.)

@We Heart YA: You guys half put me onto ENTWINED so thank *you*! I think Blogger got its stuff together so the post is back, but it was such a lovely book. I'll have to add it to my to-buy list. :)


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Fri May 13, 10:46:00 PM

@Annette Hi and thank you! And the look into Martin is definitely worth it, it's such a good adventure reading those books. I just visited your post and I'm thinking about THE PASSAGE again. On the list it goes!

@Lisa: It was really good. I just had to rewrite this as I was beginning to write why it was so good but it got pretty lengthy. Looking forward to see what you think, though! And to think I got it on a whim at the library.

@Jessi: Oooh, I love them. They do get intense. I think the intensity scale is off the charts in the third book, so...just be mentally prepared! :D And happy Friday to you!

@Kellie: Can't wait to see what you think about A Song of Ice and Fire! I'll have to follow up with everyone! Thanks about the logo - I'm sort of a photoshop nerd even if I'm not incredibly good at it. :) (It merits saying again - your amazon box guys are so cute.)


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Fri May 13, 10:58:00 PM

@Alison: If you start them I think you'll be able to finish them all because they're an addicting adventure. Looking forward to what you think about them!

@Izzy: Hello! And thank you! I was really nervous about putting it up thinking that it seemed too young almost, but I'm proud because I made it myself so I think it stays. And STAY is so worth the read, even if it is a bit emotional.

@Sharon I'll have a review of STAY up soon if you're interested. It's my first book by the author, but it was a powerful one.


Shalena @ Writer Quirk wrote: Fri May 13, 11:06:00 PM

New follower here! I haven't read Stay or any George R.R. Martin (though my friend swears by the Game of Thrones series), but I did like Stay the movie and it was quite the emotional roller coaster (totally random, as it is not at all related to the book Stay or YA at all...though it did star Ryan Gosling of The Notebook fame ^_^).

Happy Friday!
~Shalena @ Writer Quirk


Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic wrote: Sat May 14, 06:18:00 AM

I really couldn't think of any emotional reads off the top of my head. My brain must be friend.

Stopping in from the hop.


Marla wrote: Sat May 14, 10:08:00 AM

Thanks for stopping by. :) That's the exact part of the book I was thinking of. Very hard to convey that part without giving too much away. LOL


Bellamay wrote: Sat May 14, 09:51:00 PM

Newest follower :) I love your blog it's so cute. and ah, I wanted to read Stay


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

blog archive

Shop Indie Bookstores