in my mailbox (3)

This week I almost feel inundated, mainly because a few of the books that I added mid last week I haven't finished yet, although I think I might put them back onto the to-read list. Thing is, I have an appointment with an opthamologist on Tuesday and so I've been trying not to strain my eyes by reading which, suffice to say, is really really hard. Anyhow, here is my IMM via The Story Siren.



Library: 
XVI, Julia Karr (gr)
The False Princess, Eilis O'Neal (gr)
Abandon, Meg Cabot (gr)
The Gathering, Kelley Armstrong (gr)

I am rather excited about reading XVI . Dystopian anything is my favorite genre and I've had my eye on this one for awhile. And 16 seems to be a popular age in YA novels, I've gathered. Old enough to make teenagers an adult without having them be too old to be set in this sort of book? That's my theory.



Galleys:
Possession, Elana Johnson (gr)
Forbidden, Tabitha Suzuma (gr)

I added Possession as it's been on my list for a little bit now but I finally read it last night and it had all the right elements but the construction wasn't quite there for me. Maybe I'll write a mini-review for it sometime soon. 

Curious - how do you guys read your e-galleys? I read them all through Adobe Digital Editions and I find the sizing of the pages there to read a bit cumbersome, not to mention the things it does to my eyes. Some of them can be read on a Sony eReader which I don't have (we have a Kindle) but I've never used one of them. If you've read some on there how is it? 

Whoo. That's that. I can't wait to see what you all are reading!

6 comments on "in my mailbox (3)"

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews wrote: Sun May 15, 12:11:00 PM

XVI was very good and quite dark. The whole idea of how girls there are helpless at sixteen gave me chills. Loved it and hope you'll enjoy it too!


Wee Shubba wrote: Sun May 15, 03:03:00 PM

really want to read XVI sounds very interesting

My IMM


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Sun May 15, 04:18:00 PM

Awesome IMM!!! I loved The Gathering. Her books are the Best! I can't wait to read Abandon... and Forbidden... and Possession.. AH! :) Enjoy!


Angela's Anxious Life wrote: Mon May 16, 12:36:00 AM

I was to read Abandon soooo bad!!! I am so jealous of people who got ARC copies!

Angie

XOXO Angela's Anxious Life


Maia wrote: Mon May 16, 07:34:00 AM

Better watch those books closely. I might just steal them :) I want all those books.


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Mon May 16, 10:00:00 AM

@Kara: I started and finished XVI yesterday and although I didn't love it I definitely enjoyed it although there was just something missing for me. There are sequels planned, though.

@Siobhán: It was interesting and worth checking out. I love reading other people's opinions of something I didn't wholly love.

@Christy: I feel like I had a dream about The Gathering last night which seems weird considering I haven't even read it. I'm excited about it and, well, all the rest. Hopefully I can make it through them all!

@Angie: I got mine from the library as I think I was first on the hold list having placed it awhile ago. Definitely check yours out to see if they have it!

@Maia: I've been waiting awhile too, having read all of the ARC reviews and finally being able to read them for myself is fabulous! You'll get them soon, too!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

blog archive

Shop Indie Bookstores