follow friday (4)

So much for going to sleep! I thought I'd post this tonight and maybe try the Book Blogger Hop tomorrow before work.


This week's question courtesy of Parajunkee's Follow Friday is:


Q. How many books do you read in a week? And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?


At the moment I'm probably reading about three or four hard copies and then one or two digital copies. I much prefer a physical book as it's much easier on the eyes and, well, this blog isn't called paper reader for nothing! I would probably read more if not for the time that I spend sitting down to write reviews. My deal with myself is that if I have two books that I have to review I can't start a new one until I review one - and that's where I currently am.

I'm going to add in an additional 'where do you read them?' for people who stop by.
I usually try and read my books on the porch swing or in the backyard with the kitties running around. And in bed. Always a book on my bed or nearby to pop open!

11 comments on "follow friday (4)"

Jenny wrote: Thu May 26, 11:15:00 PM

Wow, and I thought I read a lot. Impressive. I love to read with my kitty too.


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Fri May 27, 12:00:00 AM

I thought this was a lot, too, and then I'm seeing some people reading 7 books a week! That just blows my mind; my reading stamina is not that great. Sometimes it differs, but unfortunately I read rather fast and so the books are quicker than they should be.


Obsession with Books wrote: Fri May 27, 02:33:00 AM

Hi and Happy Friday!

I am ebook fan & try to read between 3-5 books a week, depending on time & book size :)

My FF is here, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice weekend.


Sabrina wrote: Fri May 27, 02:45:00 AM

Hi, hoppin through! I normally read on the couch with my dog. I can only read 2-3 books a week. I rarely buy ebooks.

My FF:
http://cupofteareviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-7.html


Unknown wrote: Fri May 27, 02:59:00 AM

I'm a in bed reader. My husband is constantly taking books out of the bed that I'm reading. I desperately want a hammock in which I can read.

Rie @ Mission to Read


Loren Chase wrote: Fri May 27, 11:00:00 AM

That's a really good idea about not starting a new book until you've written a review. I always force myself to write the review right after I've closed the last page, if I don't, it will never get written. Hence all the books I've read but have yet to review! And that is a lot of books per week! Hope you have a wonderful Friday! ;)

~Loren
My FF


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Fri May 27, 12:54:00 PM

Wow, that's a lot of books to read at one time. lol! I, too, always try to keep a book wherever I frequent, so I'm never without one! :)

Jim Dale is Awesome to listen too. I've listened to all the HP books up to #5, and have loved them all. :) He does great with the characters!


Hannah Mariska wrote: Fri May 27, 03:36:00 PM

that's definitely a lot of books! but who can blame you!

I would love to be able to read books outside in the sun, with the sound of birds and wind in the trees (difficult to find in london!)

I'm not allowed to read any of my new books either until I finish my reviews - good tactic!


Howard Sherman wrote: Fri May 27, 05:15:00 PM

This was a nice book blogger question. My answer will probably embarrass me in comparison with my peers!

Follow me back to my blog at prepare to be stunned – http://www.howardsherman.net

Thank G-d it’s Follow Friday with a long weekend ahead. Everyone enjoy!

Howard A. Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net


Amy wrote: Fri May 27, 05:54:00 PM

Hey!

Hopping from FF http://amysadumbrations.blogspot.com/

And i love reading in bed, or on the sofa. Anywhere that's private to be honest.

Amy@adumbrations (new follower)


Ninja Girl wrote: Sun May 29, 05:31:00 PM

Hi,
Man, I wish I could read that fast and retain everything :/ I'm a slow but determined reader. When I like something, though it probably takes me a few days, I usually can't stop thinking about a book until I've completed it.
Hope you're having a good weekend!
Ninja Girl


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

blog archive

Shop Indie Bookstores