in my mailbox (4)

If I spend any more time on prepping this IMM I think my head will explode so here it all is. I thought I would have a go at recording a video version for this week which was sort of nervewracking as I hate having photos taken, let alone videos. But...I did it, albeit incredibly nervously. It's my first time recording anything like this and so I apologise in advance but it was fun, and hopefully I'll get better as it goes. Maybe I'll try making one IMM a month a video. (I only realised afterward that my computer was taking a mirror image video. That'll be corrected next time!)


Here it is:




And because I know maybe some people prefer the normal way, I've done it that way, too. As a note - today I attended a library book sale and a family's yard sale which is where most of my books came from. Because of that I picked up a mix of YA and adult fiction. This IMM covers them all because they're all new to me!

Yard Sale:

Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead 
Frostbite, Richelle Mead
Shadow Kiss, Richelle Mead

I don't usually do the vampire or werewolf thing but as I'm trying to expand my boundaries there I'm going to go ahead and give these books a try. I've seen them pop up on various blogs and they have fairly good reviews on goodreads.

Library Book Sale:

The Namesake, Jhumpa Lahiri (loved the film)
Battle Royale, Takami Koshun
Uglies, Scott Westerfeld (review)
Pretties, Scott Westerfeld (review)


Everything Is Illuminated, Jonathan Safran Foer (loved this film, too!)
Garden Spells, Sarah Addison Allen


The Fourth Bear, Jasper Fforde
Tuesdays With Morrie, Mitch Albom

Galley Grab:

Blood Red Road, Moira Young

I'm currently reading Blood Red Road and I'm really enjoying it. The writing style may not be for everyone but if you can look past that there's a lot this book has to offer.

Whew! That's it. Hopefully by the next time I do a video IMM I will have my bookshelf so I can put all of my books away (under my blankets in the video there are two crates of books). I had to clear off my desk of books to make room for my new computer so it's a bit of a mess at the moment. Ah, organised chaos! Happy Sunday, everyone! And to those watching Game of Thrones - if you have HBOGO you can watch episode 7 immediately after episode 6 airs on TV.

5 comments on "in my mailbox (4)"

Loren Chase wrote: Sun May 22, 06:26:00 PM

So jealous you have Blood Red Road! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy! And I have the Vampire Academy books but have yet to read them yet, maybe I should start. You have a great haul this week! Hope you have a wonderful week! ;)

~Loren
My IMM


Al wrote: Sun May 22, 06:57:00 PM

wow, awesome IMM! :) just so you know, Paranormalcy is the first book. Supernaturally is the 2nd one. Comes out later this summer, I think? You should def read P. :)
xo, Al


Jennifer A wrote: Sun May 22, 08:23:00 PM

You're so cute! Love the vlog. :)

The Vampire Academy series is really good! I thought that the first book was good, but the next books just got better and better.

I am patiently waiting for my library's book sale!

I have Uglies, but I haven't read it yet. I need to!

Jennifer of Little Shelf


Chel wrote: Sun May 22, 08:56:00 PM

You got so many great books. I have just downloaded Blood Red Road! I hope it's good. Happy reading!

- Chel
The Procrastinator's Corner


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Mon May 23, 08:12:00 PM

@Loren Blood Red Road was fabulous and hopefully I'll be putting up a review tonight if I don't get distracted. Definitely recommend it! It's funny now that I've gotten the Vampire Academy books I'm seeing Richelle Mead's name all over the place. Weird, the internet! Happy week to you! :)

@Al Ohh, thank you for correcting me! I just know that they all seem to end in 'y'! Adding it to my list now!

@Jennifer Aww, thank you! I'm still freaking out that I posted that but I need to get over it because it *was* fun! And I think once I finish all the galleys I have to read I'll start on the Vampire Academy. There's another book sale coming up early next month. I can't help myself!

@Chel Finished Blood Red Road last night and loved it. It's really refreshing and different and just all around a good read. Don't give up in the beginning because it can throw you off.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

blog archive

Shop Indie Bookstores