"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

This Dark Endeavor: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein
Author: Kenneth Oppel
Publishing date: 08/23/2011

from goodreads:
Victor and Konrad are the twin brothers Frankenstein. They are nearly inseparable. Growing up, their lives are filled with imaginary adventures...until the day their adventures turn all too real.

They stumble upon The Dark Library, and secret books of alchemy and ancient remedies are discovered. Father forbids that they ever enter the room again, but this only peaks Victor's curiosity more. When Konrad falls gravely ill, Victor is not be satisfied with the various doctors his parents have called in to help. He is drawn back to The Dark Library where he uncovers an ancient formula for the Elixir of Life. Elizabeth, Henry, and Victor immediately set out to find assistance in a man who was once known for his alchemical works to help create the formula.
Determination and the unthinkable outcome of losing his brother spur Victor on in the quest for the three ingredients that will save Konrads life. After scaling the highest trees in the Strumwald, diving into the deepest lake caves, and sacrificing one’s own body part, the three fearless friends risk their lives to save another.

Ever since I first read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein I've loved it. It's creative with masterful writing  yet rather poignant. So when I first heard of this book I knew it was something that I had to read. Besides, isn't the cover gorgeous? When I see a keyhole I'm immediately interested. For some reason it reminds me of the trailer for Pan's Labrynith where Ofelia enters the tunnels under the fig tree. I'm excited.

4 comments on "waiting on wednesday (05): this dark endeavor: the apprenticeship of victor frankenstein"

Lark Andrea wrote: Wed May 25, 10:23:00 PM

This one sounds good! I love anything Frankenstein related. I'm adding it to my TBR list. I am a new follower. :)

Reading Lark's WOW


Jenny wrote: Thu May 26, 12:20:00 AM

Frankenstein is one of my top favorite books so I want to try this one but I always get so worried they'll ruin it. Maybe I'll wait till you get to it and report.


test wrote: Thu May 26, 09:56:00 AM

Awesome pick! We're your newest follower ^^

Here's our Wednesday Picks

by @TheJay2xA

by @addictedToV

We're also joining the Summer Splash Blog Hop Giveaway
Please don't forget to join here


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Thu May 26, 11:57:00 PM

@Andrea: Welcome! I'm pretty picky with what I like in relation to the original novel, but I'm just getting good vibes from this one.

@Jenny: Perfect summation! I am more than willing to be the reading guinea pig here. I'll be sure to be detailed for you. :)

@We Fancy Books: Thanks for stopping by! I love your picks and the one I haven't heard of I'm looking up and then probably adding. WoWs are so dangerous for my TBR list!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

blog archive

Shop Indie Bookstores