in my mailbox (5)

Welcome to my somewhat hastily put up IMM for the week! The sun is out and there's a gorgeous breeze and I have a date with them both.


                                                     NetGalley: 
Legacy, Cayla Kluver*
Spellbound, Cara Lynn Shultz
Cinder and Ella, Melissa Lemon

*I'm not incredibly fond of the cover for Legacy as it reminds me of a romance novel but the synopsis caught my eye and so I'm going to try it.


Galley Grab:
Dreams of Significant Girls, Cristina García (reading this now!)
Wildefire, Karsten Knight

When I saw Dreams of Significant Girls I immediately nabbed it and added it to my goodreads queue as currently-reading. I'm enjoying it so far. Wildefire - look at that cover! And the story is intriguing, too.


Bought: (Borders has a 40% off coupon out!)
Moonglass, Jessi Kirby
Inside Out, Maria V. Snyder

I was iffy on Moonglass until I read Carolina's review of it and then I knew I had to try. Seing the cover on screen doesn't do it justice - it has this fabulous texture and almost a lustrous sheen to it and is more of a shade of lavender than anything. Inside Out is something I've been meaning to read for ages and I saw it, the price was right, and now I finally can read it! (Although it will be a bit until I get to it.)

Library:
Die For Me, Amy Plum


I used to try and treat my IMM as a what I'm reading for the week, but the ratio of books coming in was higher than books I could plausibly read at once and now it's reverted to being just that: the books that I've checked out or gotten recently. I also used to try and review all of them, and I still may, but I'm currently working that out. What is your books taken in to books reviewed ratio?

To those in the States - have a great holiday weekend!

12 comments on "in my mailbox (5)"

Natalie wrote: Sun May 29, 12:48:00 PM

Ooo! I really want to read both Spellbound and Wildfire! Looks like you got a lot of great books this week :) Happy Reading!


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Sun May 29, 12:53:00 PM

Wow! So many great books! I have Spellbound as well, and I'm really looking forward to reading it and Legacy. I can't wait to read Wildefire! I'm hoping to get to it soon. :) Enjoy your awesome reads this week!


Brett @ Demons Read Too wrote: Sun May 29, 01:05:00 PM

Great selection there. I really want to read Die For Me and Spellbound.

Here's my IMM for the week


Kelly wrote: Sun May 29, 02:45:00 PM

Awesome IMM. Die For Me is really good. And you can never go wrong with 40% off coupons from Borders! Happy reading!


Jenny wrote: Sun May 29, 03:06:00 PM

Legacy has been popping up everywhere lately, I'm going to have to check it out. Dang Borders and their 40% coupons! I always! always! have to use them! Sigh!


Loren Chase wrote: Sun May 29, 05:36:00 PM

Such a great haul this week! You should have gotten The Magicians! I just started it and really like it so far... I hope that continues lol. And Unearthly is an angel book about a girl who finds out she's part Angel! Dreams of Significant Girls looks like a great read! Definitely added to my tbr list! Happy reading! ;)

~Loren
My IMM


Anonymous wrote: Sun May 29, 08:54:00 PM

Hello Kaye, I want to thank you for the very beautiful comment you left on my blog. It's much appreciated and cheered me up. I'm following you, I can't wait to see your reviews! I have Legacy as well..waiting for my e-reader to arrive(I finally ordered one). Spellbound was excellent and I also have Cinder and Ella, Wildefire and Moonglass to read. Hope you enjoy them all!


Chel wrote: Sun May 29, 09:54:00 PM

Great books! I got your NetGalley books too. I agree Legacy also reminds me of a romance too but I love the summary! Hope you enjoy reading your books!

- Chel
The Procrastinator's Corner


Karis Jacobstein wrote: Mon May 30, 04:59:00 PM

I have Die for Me on my nightstand right now. I loved Inside Out!

New follower!

http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-monday-7.html


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Mon May 30, 10:15:00 PM

@Natalie: I started SPELLBOUND last night and finished it today and then actually pre-ordered it as I enjoyed it so much. The setting isn't anything new but I loved the writing and her take on the story.

@Christy: I'm looking forward to WILDEFIRE and also seeing if LEGACY's cover fits the story. So many good books are coming out lately!

@Brett: SPELLBOUND was lovely and DIE FOR ME is next on my list! I'm looking forward to getting lost in Paris. (And your IMM has given me some books to check out, too!)

@Kelly: I'm so glad that it's getting good reviews! And those coupons are dangerous...I can't let one go buy unused. What a waste. (Right?)

@Jenny: It has, hasn't it? The cover for me doesn't work but it sounds interesting. And I really need to put myself on a book ban. No more! We'll see how that works.


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Mon May 30, 10:20:00 PM

@Loren: Now I'm bummed that I didn't! I was also going to get THE BOOK THIEF which I'm ashamed to say that I haven't read yet. I'm going to read your review and if it stays good I shall have to get it myself even though I talked about a book ban in the above comment. Dreams of Significant Girls is fantastic so far, and things are just getting good.

@Mocha: Hi! I just wanted you to know that for every person that does a giveaway there's one of us that enjoys your blog for everything else it offers. (And that fabulous design - I want a cupcake every time I visit!) I'm interested in seeing how you like your e-reader - it was quite a change for me and I only use it occasionally, but it is handy. I ended up loving SPELLBOUND, too!

@Chel: I hope I do too, and I'm looking forward to seeing what people think of LEGACY!

@Karis: INSIDE OUT just seems like a book I'd love, even though I keep on confusing it with its sequel! Looking forward to also starting DIE FOR ME. :)


Kaity wrote: Wed Jun 01, 04:02:00 AM

Haha, I love Inside Out so much that I squeed just seeing it in your IMM post. I hope you love it!
You got some awesome looking books from netgalley! I've put in a request for Spellbound, which sounds amazing.
"What is your books taken in to books reviewed ratio?": Um, well, I checked out 15 books from the library in one day and I'm slacking so badly that I'm averaging two books a week lately. I've also got ARCs/requests that I need to be focusing on.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

blog archive

Shop Indie Bookstores