"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

Dreams of Significant Girls
Author: Cristina García
Publishing date: 07/12/2011 

from goodreads:
Brought together each summer at a boarding school in Switzerland, three girls learn a lot more than just French and European culture. Shirin, an Iranian princess; Ingrid, a German-Canadian eccentric; and Vivien, a Cuban-Jewish New Yorker culinary phenom, are thrown into each other's lives when they become roommates.

This is a story of 3 paths slowly beginning to cross and merge as they spend the year apart, but the summers together. Through navigating the social-cultural shoals of the school, developing their adolescence, and learning the confusing and conflicting legacies of their families' past, Shirin, Ingrid, and Vivien form an unbreakable bond. 

I first heard of this book via bibliophilebrouhaha and as soon as I finished reading her review I added it to my list. The writing sounds like it's amazing and the story quietly compelling. I am very excited for this release.

5 comments on "waiting on wednesday (03): dreams of significant girls"

Jenny wrote: Wed May 11, 09:16:00 PM

This one sound quite fascinating. I love books about relationships.


Kaity wrote: Wed May 11, 09:40:00 PM

I love the picture used in the cover, I think it fits the summary perfectly. The summary sounds really good, I'll have to look into this book more :)

My WoW post is here: http://bitten-books.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html
Kaity - Bitten Books


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Wed May 11, 10:06:00 PM

@Jenny: This one's definitely on the review pile so sometime in July I'll have a bit about it. Although, in July, everything's on the back burner until after I finish George Martin's latest!

@Kaity: Welcome! I like the picture (and font, I love font), too. If I could spend my summer by the water like them it would be my first choice. I've heard a lot about the writing in this book specifically, so that's what I'm looking forward to the most. :)


We Heart YA wrote: Sat May 14, 10:11:00 PM

I love the diversity! And the cover. And stories about the bonds of friendship. Methinks I'll be reading this one too. ;)


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Sat May 14, 10:29:00 PM

That's one of the things about it that stood out to me, too. Not enough of that, sadly, so it's a treat that this one looks so good. :)


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

blog archive

Shop Indie Bookstores