waiting on wednesday (25)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

from goodreads: 12/05/2011
In the years following the destructive Long Winter, when half the world’s population perished, the State remains locked in battle against the Sensitives: humans born with extra abilities.

As one of the last descendants of the State’s Founders, seventeen-year-old Lark Greene knows her place: study hard and be a model citizen so she can follow in her family’s footsteps. Her life’s been set since birth, and she’s looking forward to graduating and settling down with Beck, the boy she’s loved longer than she can remember.

However, after Beck is accused of being Sensitive and organizing an attack against Lark, he disappears. Heartbroken and convinced the State made a mistake, Lark sets out to find him and clear his name.

But what she discovers is more dangerous and frightening than Sensitives: She must kill the boy she loves, unless he kills her first.
I have to give kudos to Miss Veronica Roth for helping me to discover this one. I can't stop staring at the cover - it's gorgeous. Soft, and the color scheme perfect. (And I love that font.) The shape of her face almost reminds me of Mary GrandPré's chapter sketches for HP. The use of larks for her name - it just ties together so well. Cover aside, just from the summary this is a book I want to know more about. What's the  Long Winter? How is life determined for its citizens? I'm completely sold. Thankfully there's not too long to wait!

16 comments on "waiting on wednesday (25)"

Sarah@Catching Books wrote: Wed Nov 02, 08:38:00 AM

I have heard really good things about this book!! I can't wait for it!

check out my waiting on Wednesday!
http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-17-dreamless.html


Sabrina wrote: Wed Nov 02, 09:09:00 AM

I'm completely mesmerized by the cover! I think I might be in love with whoever created this one. I love the summary too! What kind of abilities? Sensitives? A betrayal, maybe? Where kind of place does Lark live in, anyway?


Daniela wrote: Wed Nov 02, 09:17:00 AM

Wow, thanks for showcasing this book because I hadn't heard about it before and now I definitely want to read it. And I agree, that cover is gorgeous!


We Heart YA wrote: Wed Nov 02, 09:19:00 AM

Hm, the concept sounds pretty familiar (powers, dystopia, etc.) but it's got such a lovely cover! And you know, we didn't make the connection to the GrandPre style, but you're right, there's a resemblance. But more femininity and maturity here.


Anonymous wrote: Wed Nov 02, 09:48:00 AM

This sounds really interesting and the cover is very hard to not stare at :)


Proserpine wrote: Wed Nov 02, 10:20:00 AM

Hi!
I really love the cover!
Here's mine!
http://proserpinecravedfor.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday.html


Anonymous wrote: Wed Nov 02, 10:52:00 AM

Larkstorm sounds wonderful! Must add it to my TBR


My WOW:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday30.html

-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews


Giselle wrote: Wed Nov 02, 11:43:00 AM

Oh I've never heard of this one before! Great pick!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads


Jenny wrote: Wed Nov 02, 12:26:00 PM

It does look interesting but it also looks horribly predictable...I'll probably try it anyway.


Ivy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 12:27:00 PM

Interesting pick! I haven't heard of this title before! But the cover is really nice. I like the birds all around as a border!

Check out my WoW: http://ivyreads.info/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-17/


Ninja Girl wrote: Wed Nov 02, 01:18:00 PM

Ooooh, I've never heard of Larkstorm before. It sounds a bit like X-Men, which is never a bad thing for me. Must go add to my TBR on goodreads, right now!
Thanks,
Ninja Girl


Leia-Ann wrote: Wed Nov 02, 01:35:00 PM

Oh wow, Larkstorm sounds incredible. Thanks for listing it, I hadn't heard about it before.


My WoW


Sarah (The Book Life) wrote: Wed Nov 02, 03:17:00 PM

You are right, that cover is gorgeous! The story sounds awesome, too! I am definitely pining for this one :0)

My WOW


Anna @ Literary Exploration wrote: Wed Nov 02, 11:48:00 PM

What?! This sounds awesome!! Thanks for sharing, I'm really looking forward to this now!!

Anna @ Literary Exploration


Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous wrote: Thu Nov 03, 12:22:00 AM

Oh such a Pretty cover.


Anonymous wrote: Thu Nov 03, 05:13:00 AM

Wonderful choice - I hadn't heard of this either. Also, the cover is beautiful and looks like might be a traditional illustrated one (which I always love).

My WoW this week

Amy @ Turn the Page (YA)


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores