waiting on wednesday (26)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

 from goodreads: 02/16/2012
Colby and Bev have a long-standing pact: graduate, hit the road with Bev's band, and then spend the year wandering around Europe. But moments after the tour kicks off, Bev makes a shocking announcement: she's abandoning their plans - and Colby - to start college in the fall.

But the show must go on and The Disenchantments weave through the Pacific Northwest, playing in small towns and dingy venues, while roadie- Colby struggles to deal with Bev's already-growing distance and the most important question of all: what's next?

Morris Award—finalist Nina LaCour draws together the beauty and influences of music and art to brilliantly capture a group of friends on the brink of the rest of their lives.
I really love books with exploratory themes like this, mainly because they're about people who are students, unsure what to do with their lives and really don't know which next steps will bring them where. Sometimes I feel like I still am one (very large step) step in, one step out of that world and so I can understand it pretty well. That said, there has been some amazing talk about this book, and I love the cover with its muted, faded tones and font that looks like it could have been part of her shirt. Very much looking forward to this one!

What are you guys looking forward to?

9 comments on "waiting on wednesday (26)"

We Heart YA wrote: Wed Nov 09, 09:44:00 AM

Yeeees, totally looking forward to this one! Also because Nina's first book, Hold Still, was SO GOOD. Have you read it? We think you would like it. Sort of a cross between The Sky Is Everywhere and Where She Went.


Anonymous wrote: Wed Nov 09, 09:46:00 AM

This looks like a cool coming-of-age read :D Im loving these types of books more and more :)

My WoW this week

Amy @ Turn the Page YA


Jac (Two Moms Reading) wrote: Wed Nov 09, 09:57:00 AM

I also love the exploratory theme too! This one looks like it will be a good read, I just added it to my wishlist too.

Here's Mine: WWW / Waiting on Wednesday


Giselle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 12:20:00 PM

Great pick this sounds really fun!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads


Eden wrote: Wed Nov 09, 12:46:00 PM

Yes. Yes. Yes. This one. Road trip stories + Dutton Juvenile (my fave Penguin imprint)? WIN. <3

Here's my WoW :)


Karis Jacobstein wrote: Wed Nov 09, 01:38:00 PM

Me too! I don't love the cover, but the story looks great!

http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/11/www-18-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html


Nomes wrote: Wed Nov 09, 05:44:00 PM

Me too!

I SERIOUSLY LOVED her debut, so I've already preordered this one (which I hardly ever do with hard covers :)


Lindsay Cummings author wrote: Thu Nov 10, 05:12:00 PM

this one looks so cool!!

here's my WOW post. stop by!?!
http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/


Marathon wrote: Thu Nov 10, 06:40:00 PM

Aw, that distance bit makes me sad. WHY AM I SO SENSITIVE? But the cover makes the cover seem so sad.

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores