waiting on wednesday (28)


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

goodreads: 02/02/2012
When sixteen-year-old Faye arrives at Holbrook Academy, she doesn’t expect to find herself exactly where she needs to be. After years of strange waking visions and nightmares, her only comfort the bones of dead animals, Faye is afraid she’s going crazy. Fast.

But her first night at Holbrook, she feels strangely connected to the school and the island it sits on, like she’s come home. She’s even made her first real friends, but odd things keep happening to them. Every morning they wake on the floors of their dorm rooms with their hands stained red.

Faye knows she’s the reason, but what does it all mean? The handsome Kel tries to help her unravel the mystery, but Faye is certain she can’t trust him; in fact, he may be trying to kill her—and the rest of the world too.

Rich, compelling writing will keep the pages turning in this riveting and tautly told psychological thriller.
I've been excited for this one for awhile now with only the excuse of there are so many good books coming that I haven't featured it earlier. I mean, look at that cover! I wonder if it will be glossy or matte, or maybe glossy in the middle and matte edges. I love the red satin ribbon around her eyes, and that she's wearing a dress but we can't see it flowing in the background. Anyway, any story set in a school has me at hello. But an island and maybe water? Well, I'm sold. I've heard good things about it so far and I can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

8 comments on "waiting on wednesday (28)"

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Wed Nov 23, 09:41:00 AM

I love the cover of this one! It's new to me. Great choice.


Amber Elise wrote: Wed Nov 23, 11:18:00 AM

I read an ARC a few weeks ago and it is AMAZING.


Rida wrote: Wed Nov 23, 12:48:00 PM

Ooh, I've been looking forward to this one, too! It's got SUCH a nice cover. Great pick!

You can find my WoW here.


Jenny wrote: Wed Nov 23, 01:27:00 PM

I agree the cover is very cool but I'm hesitant about the story itself. I'll have to wait for your review.


Cait wrote: Wed Nov 23, 02:04:00 PM

such a beautiful cover, it looks like a tarot card or something! Great choice, I really want to read this

The Cait Files


Sarah (saz101) wrote: Wed Nov 23, 06:16:00 PM

I just love this cover--I don't even mind what the book is about :D
Having said that, it sounds amazing! Good pick :D


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 09:15:00 PM

I can't wait to check this one out! It sounds interesting! :) Great pick!


We Heart YA wrote: Sun Nov 27, 06:48:00 PM

Lovely, ominous cover. We're not that into boarding school novels, but we seem to be in the minority. :P


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores