waiting on wednesday (27)


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

 from goodreads: 02/16/2012
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.
I have no idea why this hasn't been a WoW pick for me before now as the cover and title scream dystopian and, well, as you all know, there's nothing I love more than a good dystopian novel. I've heard such amazing things about it and sadly missed getting a copy at NYCC and so I've been pining for it ever since. Can't wait! :)

12 comments on "waiting on wednesday (27)"

Natalia Belikov wrote: Wed Nov 16, 09:21:00 AM

this one is coming out soon! thank lord for that!! great pick =D

have a great day! ^.^

My WoW
MY WOW

Happy reading!
Dazzling Reads


Alissa wrote: Wed Nov 16, 09:45:00 AM

That cover reminds me of another book. Divergent, maybe? I can't remember. But it looks SO similar. :P


Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Wed Nov 16, 09:55:00 AM

This one will be on my wish list. I love dystopian lit. Great choice!


Kristan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 10:22:00 AM

This book has been on my most anticipated list since forever. Can't deny another dystopian! Sounds really cool and so excited that its coming out so soon!

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves


We Heart YA wrote: Wed Nov 16, 10:42:00 AM

We definitely want to check this one out, and we're very curious to see what you think of it.

Funny fact: Kristan and the author share some high school buddies. They both grew up in the Houston area, and they probably even competed against each other at math club competitions. :P


test wrote: Wed Nov 16, 11:06:00 AM

I totally loooove this book! reminds me that I need to get a copy of my own :)

Awesome pick!
Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post


Jenny wrote: Wed Nov 16, 12:22:00 PM

Yep, I'm waiting for it too. 2012 has some awesome books coming out.


Anonymous wrote: Wed Nov 16, 01:14:00 PM

I've heard some great stuff about this one too. I'll definitely be grabbing a copy when it comes out.
Megan @ Read It, See It


Giselle wrote: Wed Nov 16, 07:57:00 PM

oooh awesome pick! Legend is really fun!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Thu Nov 17, 11:38:00 AM

I'm really looking forward to reading this myself! :) Great pick!


Anonymous wrote: Sun Nov 20, 05:59:00 PM

I've heard about this book! The story sounds good! Thank you for sharing!
Great choice!

Sorry for the late visit.

Sam
Books For All Seasons


Wendy Darling wrote: Wed Nov 30, 08:23:00 PM

I've very curious what you'll think of this, Kaye! :) I liked it, it's pretty fun.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores