in my mailbox (23)

I realllly wanted to do a video IMM this week, but time is just not allowing for it. I might have to add one in on Sunday afternoon when I get back. We'll see. As is, I'm pretty chuffed with my week in books!

For review:

A Million Suns, Beth Revis
Far From the War, Jeffrey David Payne

Bought: As a caveat, uhm, a lot of great books came out this week. I couldn't help myself!
Leviathan, Scott Westerfeld
Lola and the Boy Next Door, Stephanie Perkins (review)

I was sent Goliath, so I had to get Leviathan. That's the way my mind rationalised it. Lola I don't even have to explain, but Mara Dyer came so quickly! I pre-ordered it ages ago and was worried that it wouldn't get here in time to participate in her epic book contest. That one's going on a trip with me tomorrow; I plan on getting a good picture.

Birthmarked, Caragh M. O'Brien
The Name of the Star, Maureen Johnson

I went to Books of Wonder to find Lola, only to discover that they didn't have it in. But they did have tons of signed copies that were beckoning to me. I originally was only going to get Birthmarked as I have Prized to read, but I saw piles of The Name of the Star behind the counter and lamented the fact that I had missed the signing due to an essay, and they took pity on me so kindly and let me pick up a signed version! I had a hard time taking a photo of that, and my hand looks terrible and clawish, but here is the sort of cool picture of the autographs.

15 comments on "in my mailbox (23)"

Giselle wrote: Sat Oct 01, 09:32:00 AM

Those are some great books! Mara Dyer is going ot be so awesome I can't wait to read it. I've got it this week as well (My IMM will be up tomorrow). The Name of the Star has also been getting very good reviews.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads


Jac (Two Moms Reading) wrote: Sat Oct 01, 10:38:00 AM

I just picked up Lola and Mara both -- and I read and adored lola... I can't wait for Mara now ;)

Great haul this week!


Kelly wrote: Sat Oct 01, 02:10:00 PM

Great IMM! I can't wait to get my hands on Lola and Mara. And I really enjoyed Far From the War. I hope you like, too. Happy reading!


kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews wrote: Sat Oct 01, 10:02:00 PM

Amazing haul! Most of these books are on my wishlist too! Totally jealous :) Enjoy your reading!


Michelle @ Book Briefs wrote: Sun Oct 02, 03:16:00 AM

I got far from the war this week too. I want lola and mara dyer so bad!! Great group of books this week

Old Follower. :)

My IMM- Book Briefs

-Michelle


Anonymous wrote: Sun Oct 02, 06:19:00 AM

I’m extremely jealous of A Million Suns! I hope you love it!

Here's my IMM.


Aleeza wrote: Sun Oct 02, 08:25:00 AM

you got A Million Suns? but...but i WANT IT TOO! lol, i'm not childish at all :P

happy reading, kaye!


Natalie wrote: Sun Oct 02, 10:54:00 AM

Great book week for you! :) I got Lola this week as well! Can't way to dig in and start reading!


Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Sun Oct 02, 01:34:00 PM

Enjoy all your new reads! I received The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer as well. I want the new Stephanie Perkins novel.


Goldilox wrote: Sun Oct 02, 03:05:00 PM

Apparently I'm the only person in the world who didn't get The Name of the Star this week! Sheesh!!!

Here's my IMM: Link text

Goldilox :)


Shanella wrote: Sun Oct 02, 03:23:00 PM

Books of Wonder is one of my faves to peruse for signed books =)

Happy Reading!
Here's my IMM


Bex wrote: Sun Oct 02, 04:45:00 PM

I ordered my own copy of Mara Dyer this week, so I really hope I get it next week. I cannot wait to give it a try! Great week, hope you enjoy!

My IMM!


KTJ wrote: Sun Oct 02, 06:07:00 PM

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is Amazing! The Name of the Star is really good also, but the start is a bit slow (for me it was anyway!) I hope that you enjoy all the amazing books you got this week!

-Kate
My IMM: http://nomaliciousreads.blogspot.com


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Mon Oct 03, 12:38:00 PM

I love Lola and Mara! Two amazing books. :) I hope you enjoy all your great new reads this week!


Laura Massey wrote: Mon Oct 03, 09:35:00 PM

Ooh! I want A Million Suns! I hope you enjoy it.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores