in my mailbox (24)


In My Mailbox, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, allows us to share our
current reads, and books we've received/checked out/purchased over the course of the week.

Friday was an incredibly busy day. After class and before work I managed to sneak in a trip to Comic Con to see Tahereh Mafi and Veronica Rossi speak, as well as attend their signing. Might I say that the two of them were extremely sweet and smart, and waiting in line for an hour to get in was well worth the trip there. All of my books this week are from NYCC, including some not pictured that my bf got for me yesterday at Julie Kagawa's signing. (So. Excited.) Next year I am definitely going all three days!


For review:
Shatter Me, Tahereh Mafi

I couldn't not start this one and I find myself speechless on every page. Her words are absolutely stunning and the turn of phrase in this book is exquisite. It gives me hope and confidence, because I'm more of a descriptive writer, and, boy, this is proof that it can be done very, very well.

Immortal City, Scott Speer
Under the Never Sky, Veronica Rossi

I hadn't heard of Immortal City, but I asked the very nice lady at Penguin (their booth was fabulous!) what it was about and she had me hooked, so I'm going to try it. Under the Never Sky - very excited to start this one.

In paperback:
Across the Universe, Beth Revis
Ship Breaker, Paolo Baciagalupi

The paperback edition of Across the Universe is gorgeous. It really is.

Purchased:
Fire, Kristin Cashore

I haven't read Graceling yet, although I was assured that I didn't need to before I start this one, although I probably will just to have everything in order. I'm happy to have one of her books on my shelf after so long on my TBR!

16 comments on "in my mailbox (24)"

Cait wrote: Sun Oct 16, 10:56:00 AM

SO jealous of Shatter Me and Under the Never Sky looks really good as well!

The Cait Files


Bex wrote: Sun Oct 16, 11:29:00 AM

I want to read Shatter Me sooo badly! Great IMM there. And oohh, Across the Universe! I'm so curious about it and that's a real nice cover of it. Hope you enjoy!

My IMM!


kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews wrote: Sun Oct 16, 11:43:00 AM

Shatter Me and Under The Never Sky! So jealous! ;) great mailbox! Fire was absolutely gorgeous. Hope you like it!


Goldilox wrote: Sun Oct 16, 11:59:00 AM

You're so lucky that your Shatter Me ARC has a pretty cover! Mine is from before the cover art so it's bleh. I can't wait to read it!!! :)

Goldilox and the Three Weres IMM

Goldilox


Emily wrote: Sun Oct 16, 12:07:00 PM

I like the paperback cover for Across the Universe more than the hardcover. SHATTER ME! I can't wait until it's out so I can read it!
As These Pages Fly


Anonymous wrote: Sun Oct 16, 12:11:00 PM

Wonderful haul!

My IMM: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox29.html


Anonymous wrote: Sun Oct 16, 12:34:00 PM

I've heard a lot about Shatter Me i can't wait to read it myself i hope you enjoy it! Come check out my IMM!!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-7.html


Unknown wrote: Sun Oct 16, 01:01:00 PM

Great books, I can't wait to read Shatter Me. You have to read Graceling, it is truly amazing (the seme with Fire). Great week for you!


Jenna and Ashley wrote: Sun Oct 16, 02:08:00 PM

Definitely jealous you got an ARC of Shatter Me. I have checked out Tahereh's blog and her words (even there) are fascinating. They flow so well.

What a great group of books to start reading!

-Jenna @ Fans of Fiction
http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-5.html


Jac (Two Moms Reading) wrote: Sun Oct 16, 03:24:00 PM

I cannot wait to get my hands on Across the Universe or Shatter Me!! Both are really high on my wishlist! Looks like you got a great load of books this week, Happy Reading!

-Jac @ For Love and Books


We Heart YA wrote: Sun Oct 16, 05:08:00 PM

Kristin Cashore is an author we've heard tons about and really want to check out, but then just haven't... *hangs head in shame*

And we DEFINITELY want to see what Shatter Me is all about.


Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Sun Oct 16, 07:13:00 PM

Oh, enjoy all the new reads! Shatter Me looks good.


LillyReader wrote: Sun Oct 16, 08:50:00 PM

All I have to say it...I'm a little jealous of all that you got. I WISH I was able to travel so far to NYCC, but one day I'll get there. Congrats on your awesome haul!


Alison Can Read wrote: Mon Oct 17, 12:09:00 AM

Fab set! So cool that you got Shatter Me. I want to read it. I keep meaning to read Fire.
My IMM


YA Book Queen wrote: Mon Oct 17, 01:23:00 PM

So many awesome books! I'm looking forward to Shatter Me & UtNS. Fire and AUT are both wonderful

Hope you enjoy them! :)


Kathy wrote: Thu Oct 20, 10:49:00 AM

oooh, so jealous that you got Immortal City. It is one I am dying to read. Great haul of books!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores