waiting on wednesday (22)


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

from goodreads (12/08/2011):
Dry, sarcastic, sixteen-year-old Cam Cooper has spent the last seven years in and out hospitals. The last thing she wants to do in the short life she has left is move 1,500 miles away to Promise, Maine - a place known for the miraculous events that occur there. But it's undeniable that strange things happen in Promise: everlasting sunsets; purple dandelions; flamingoes in the frigid Atlantic; an elusive boy named Asher; and finally, a mysterious envelope containing a list of things for Cam to do before she dies. As Cam checks each item off the list, she finally learns to believe - in love, in herself, and even in miracles.
This one's going to break my heart, I can tell, but I've heard such great things about it. It could also go on a list of covers that really catch my eye - the alternating blues and pinks, the font, and that unicorn outline. Really nicely done!

What are you waiting on, friends?

10 comments on "waiting on wednesday (22)"

Anna @ Literary Exploration wrote: Wed Oct 12, 09:29:00 AM

I'm really really really excited about this one too :) I love the cover, and it just sounds amazing! I can't wait :)


Giselle wrote: Wed Oct 12, 09:35:00 AM

This is the first time I see this one. IT does sound very good and definitely needs to be read with a box of tissues!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads


We Heart YA wrote: Wed Oct 12, 09:38:00 AM

Erm, is it a unicorn, or a feather? Lol.

Anyway, yes, lovely cover, and the description sounds heartbreaking but compelling. Thanks for the heads-up! We hadn't heard about this one, actually.


Katie wrote: Wed Oct 12, 11:05:00 AM

This looks really good, It's been a while since I've read a book that is likely to make me cry. :) Thanks for posting! Cute blog by the way!!


Kristan wrote: Wed Oct 12, 11:31:00 AM

Haven't heard of this book before, so thanks for posting! I'm adding it to my wishlist on GR right now. It definitely sounds like a book that'll break my heart. I'm such a wuss when it comes to reading sad stories, but I'll be checking this book out for sure!

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves


Jessica (Peace Love Books) wrote: Wed Oct 12, 12:09:00 PM

This one sounds so good!!! And I absolutely love the cover. Great pick! It's on my TBR list now :)

Here's my WoW!


Natalia Belikov wrote: Wed Oct 12, 02:16:00 PM

Great pick! Im looking forward for this one =)

I also wanted to invite you to my great international giveaway!! there are 12 different titles from where you can choose!

http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-giveaway.html

My WoW

http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-pandemonium-by.html

Take care and Happy reading! =D


Jenny wrote: Wed Oct 12, 04:44:00 PM

I'm so excited for this one too! I think my heart is clearly in danger of being ripped out when reading as well, but I love books that do that. Glutton for fictional punishment, party of one:)


Karen L. wrote: Wed Oct 12, 07:38:00 PM

I love the pink cover! I'm so excited for this one to come out! Great pick!


Christina Reads YA wrote: Thu Oct 13, 11:30:00 AM

I really, really like the synopsis of the story. I don't often cry when reading books, but this book does sound like a heart-breaker. I also hadn't noticed the unicorn shape of the cover's design like you had, but the cover is definitely beautiful too :).

[Random note... but I like that the author's last name is Wunder. Matches the miracles quite a bit :D].


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores