top ten tuesdays! (10)



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. If you love lists
and wracking your brain for answers, then this is the meme for you!


Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time:

01. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: I don't think this one gets enough love. It's so, so critical to LotR!
02. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: I read this again and again anyhow, but to be able to experience Lizzie and all she goes through again, including meeting and matching wits with Darcy, well, yes please.
03. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: This book speaks for itself. I cannot count on one hand the number of people I've talked into reading this book and have loved it.
04. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: I wouldn't even need to read the other two because the first does such a stellar job of laying everything out. This book knocked me off my feet and I was glued to it from start to stop.
05. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley: I don't get to talk about this book a lot here as it's very much not YA, but it's my favorite book and I would love to read it fresh at this point in my life and see if it would still be my favorite. (I think it would.)
06. Divergent by Veronica Roth: My excitement for this book was sort of reaching epic proportions, so when it was finally released I was up until 3am reading it. I loved it. I still love it. It's one of my favorites of 2011 and I would like to experience that cycle of excitement and happiness of finally reading.
07. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab: Musical from beginning to end, the sound of this book was breathtaking.
08. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White: I wonder if this was the first book to make me cry, or if that was The Lorax. Still, this is one I don't have a copy of any longer but need to. It's a classic.
09. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl: It was almost absurd the fact that I didn't own this book, but I checked out from the library over and over and over again. I could have recited it to you as a child. Roald Dahl is genius. (It was hard choosing between this and Matilda.) Funny, I still don't own it in English but I'm reading a foreign language copy. :)
10. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: Lola and Cricket = Stephanie Perkins is a mad, mad genius. Enough said.

Note: I actually never read a lot of YA books when I was a teenager, aside from the SVH/SVU series early on. I started reading adult fiction...pretty early, and so I always try really hard not to pull too many from them but when you love a book, you love a book. And you can tack on the HP series and A Game of Thrones to this list, too. :)

15 comments on "top ten tuesdays! (10)"

Kathy Ann Coleman wrote: Tue Oct 11, 12:48:00 AM

I absolutely love Divergent, although it did not make my list this week. I need to get The Near Witch and The Night Circus eventually. Maybe I'll slip those onto my Christmas list? Hmm... Great list, though. :)


Linda wrote: Tue Oct 11, 12:50:00 AM

Totally agree with you about The Night Circus! Great list!


Anne@HeadFullofBooks wrote: Tue Oct 11, 12:52:00 AM

I think I actually like Charlotte's Web better the second time around because I read it with my own children.

I considered adding Pride and Prejudice to my list but decided that I love it so much every time I read it that I left it off.

Anne @ My Head is Full of Books


Steph@TheYAReader wrote: Tue Oct 11, 05:08:00 AM

I have The Hunger Games and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on my list too :) I would love to read The Night Circus because I've heard so many great things about it. Here's a link to my top ten: The YA Reader


Anonymous wrote: Tue Oct 11, 10:37:00 AM

Another vote for Hunger Games here. Haven't read Lola, but Anna's on my list! Here's my full list.


Alexa S. wrote: Tue Oct 11, 10:58:00 AM

I have The Hobbit, Pride & Prejudice and The Hunger Games on my list as well. :)


Priya wrote: Tue Oct 11, 10:59:00 AM

I didn't like The Hobbit the first time I read it (it was a long time ago, and I can't imagine why I didn't like it!!) That's why it didn't make it to my list, though I like the book now. I wish I'd enjoyed it even back then!

http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/10/books-i-wish-i-could-read-again-for.html


We Heart YA wrote: Tue Oct 11, 11:55:00 AM

Our list includes Hunger Games and Harry Potter, of course. Also:

- Lips Touch
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone
- Chime
- Pegasus
- Anne of Green Gables (gotta throw a classic in there!)


Jenny wrote: Tue Oct 11, 01:08:00 PM

OK, I seriously need to read Brave New World. It's sitting on my shelf but I just haven't gotten to it. :(


Jac (Two Moms Reading) wrote: Tue Oct 11, 02:18:00 PM

I hadn't even thought of Charlotte's Web or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! I would love to add them to my list!! (Actually, I prefer Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, but both are excellent especially the first go round!)


Erika wrote: Tue Oct 11, 03:55:00 PM

I really need to get to The Night Circus. Great list!

Erika@Let's talk about books


MamaMunky wrote: Tue Oct 11, 06:57:00 PM

The Hobbit is essential to my life! It definitely contributed to my love of books. Great list!

Lindsey @ www.babiesbooksandsigns.com


Laura Massey wrote: Tue Oct 11, 09:25:00 PM

Great choices!


Fiktshun wrote: Tue Oct 11, 11:35:00 PM

Oh Charlotte's Web and The Hobbit! I would love to read those both again as if it were the first time, but especially Charlotte's Web. It would make such an incredible first read!


Nea wrote: Mon Oct 17, 12:38:00 PM

I totally agree with you about The Hunger Games!! I loved the first book the most! :) Katniss was just awesome :)

About Lola and the boy next door - I will definitely read it in these days ;) They all said it's great so I will read it for sure!

Happy reading,
nea


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores