top ten tuesdays! (09)


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. If you love lists
and wracking your brain for answers, then this is the meme for you!

Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open: (because of the cliffhanger or because it the ending was MINDBLOWING, etc.)

01. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
02. The Hunger Games / Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
03. Possession by Elana Johnson (This book wasn't my cup of tea, but I loved that ending.)
04. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
05. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
06. The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
07. Variant by Robison Wells (Currently reading it, but, I'm preemptively placing it here.)
08. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
09. A Game of Thrones / A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
10. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (I was trying to think of another YA to put on the list instead of this one, but, really, this ending is incredible.)

In short, this is one post that I really should try to think about in advance given that they're probably the ones that take me the longest. Still, I love them! I'm looking forward to see what you all think.

14 comments on "top ten tuesdays! (09)"

The Library Lady wrote: Tue Oct 04, 12:28:00 AM

Definitely "The Girl Who Played With Fire". Oh my goodness! I was waiting for the 3rd book to be out in paperback but I couldn't wait after #2 so I had to go out and get the hardcover. I also ditto "Iron Queen". I am sooooooo looking forward to "The Iron Knight".


Michael @ The Bookshelf Review wrote: Tue Oct 04, 12:36:00 AM

Awesome list. Totally agree with HP and the Hunger Games. Game of Thrones is definitely one of those books with shocking moments and even more shocking endings. Great picks. =]
Here is my Top Ten
http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday1-top-ten-book-endings.html


Kathy Ann Coleman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 01:02:00 AM

You have some great choices. I listed Shadow Kiss and I also listed a Harry Potter book, although my choice was Half Blood Prince. I am suddenly very glad that I need to wait to read Iron Daughter and Iron Queen since I don't have them yet. I can deliberately order them with The Iron Knight and read them all in a row. I loved The Iron King. Meghan + Ash = <3 <3 <3


Alison Can Read wrote: Tue Oct 04, 01:11:00 AM

Definitely agree with you on Shadow Kiss. And Order of the Phoenix. I hated what happened to Sirius, but it was necessary for the story.


Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 04, 02:15:00 AM

Okay, I just got The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer in the mail today, and judging by how many TTT lists it's on the week: must read soon! Great list.


Jennifer wrote: Tue Oct 04, 03:03:00 AM

Yes! WHY didn't I think to put Order of the Phoenix on my list?! Shocked doesn't even begin to cover that ending! I was p*ssed as h*ll!!
JNCL
The Beauty of Eclecticism


Jan von Harz wrote: Tue Oct 04, 04:19:00 AM

While I know that I could not wait for the next Potter book to come out the one that left me slacked jaw was the Half-Blood Prince, what a shocker!


We Heart YA wrote: Tue Oct 04, 09:03:00 AM

Oh man, yes, Catching Fire totally killed us.

Hm, other killer endings... The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak (emotional and unexpected), and Pegasus by Robin McKinley (cliffhanger-ish).


Sidne wrote: Tue Oct 04, 09:41:00 AM

your list of reads are popular drop mouth reads of other bloggers too. 1,2,4, and 8 and 9 i've seen on a few others. happy reading to you.


Jac (Two Moms Reading) wrote: Tue Oct 04, 09:42:00 AM

I'm interested in why you chose Shadow Kiss! (I'm halfway done with it, so hopefully I'll understand soon!)


Emily H wrote: Tue Oct 04, 09:43:00 AM

I definitely had a few of those on my list. Catching Fire, OOtP, and SHADOW KISS. I think OOtP and Shadow Kiss drove me the most insane. Don't destroy all the characters I love, darnit!

My Top Ten is over here if you'd like to stop by!


Jenny wrote: Tue Oct 04, 12:59:00 PM

If I'd had more time I probably could have come up with more than the six I did. Is that THE Fight Club as in the movie??? I didn't know it was based on a book but the movie blew me away so I should definitely try the book.


kathy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 01:34:00 PM

Variant is on my list, too. I'd heard it had a cliffhanger ending, but that was so not what I was expecting. I loved the ending of Possession, too.


DT wrote: Tue Oct 04, 06:02:00 PM

The Hunger Games! YES YES YES! I agree! That one drove me nuts!

http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com/


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores