waiting on wednesday (21)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

from goodreads (04/03/2012):

Cassel Sharpe knows he’s been used as an assassin, but he’s trying to put all that behind him. He’s trying to be good, even though he grew up in a family of con artists and cheating comes as easily as breathing to him. He’s trying to do the right thing, even though the girl he loves is inextricably connected with crime. And he’s trying to convince himself that working for the Feds is smart, even though he’s been raised to believe the government is the enemy.

But with a mother on the lam, the girl he loves about to take her place in the Mob, and new secrets coming to light, the line between what’s right and what’s wrong becomes increasingly blurred. When the Feds ask Cassel to do the one thing he said he would never do again, he needs to sort out what’s a con and what’s truth. In a dangerous game and with his life on the line, Cassel may have to make his biggest gamble yet—this time on love.
Jenny, this choice is for you! I loved White Cat. I haven't reviewed it yet, but I'm planning on it, and I found it to be incredibly unique and captivating in a way that was refreshing. That she was able to create a new set of rules like that and integrate them into our timeline, for me, was pretty amazing. I bought Red Glove at Borders awhile back and am holding off on reading it until next year some time so I can read them all closer together, but, regardless, this is one I absolutely want to know more about. How can you not like Cassel?

9 comments on "waiting on wednesday (21)"

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Wed Oct 05, 08:51:00 AM

I haven't read any Holly Black books. As much as I read, I find it amazing that there is so many books I haven't had the chance to read.


We Heart YA wrote: Wed Oct 05, 08:52:00 AM

Ack! We really need to get on this series. We hear such great things about it.


Natalia Belikov wrote: Wed Oct 05, 09:26:00 AM

I cant wait for this book! The CUrsse workers is one of my favorite series! yey for Holly Black!!! =D

Have a great week ^_^

http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/books-news-sneak-peaks-for-hot-penguin.html


Anna @ Literary Exploration wrote: Wed Oct 05, 10:08:00 AM

Sooo I haven't actually read any of the books in this series yet, but I've been meaning to get to it! I love the cover :)

My WoW


Cary Cheyenne. wrote: Wed Oct 05, 02:42:00 PM

I haven't read any of Holly Black's books yet, and I feel like such a slacker! That all seem AMAZING!! :)

Great pick! I'm not following your blog!!

Here's my WoW: http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-enemy-within.html


Pamela wrote: Wed Oct 05, 04:28:00 PM

I totally have to start reading these books. They look so good and I want to read them so bad, but my list is so long! I have so many books I want to read so bad!

Feel free to check out my WoW here.


Giselle wrote: Wed Oct 05, 05:11:00 PM

Awesome! I just read White Cat about a month ago and it was a really fun read I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads
Btw- I'm giving away an ARC of Legend and it ends tonight if you haven't entered yet. ;)


Jenny wrote: Thu Oct 06, 06:09:00 PM

Ah, thanks! I couldn't wait with Red Glove, I had to read it almost immediately after buying it!


Jenny wrote: Thu Oct 06, 06:11:00 PM

Btw, are you still going to do the Under the Dome group read with us? I've been emailing you but I haven't heard back so I just thought I'd check.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores