follow friday (14)

This week's question courtesy of Parajunkee's Follow Friday is:

Q. How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?
When I was younger I read a broad variety of books. I really don't look toward any one genre - if a book interests me it's the story I care about not any superimposed idea of what category it's supposed to be in. However, I did read a lot more adult fiction then only because I didn't have a YA book blog to keep up with! I still read a lot of adult fiction and literature, I just don't always post about it. These days I also read quite a bit of non-fiction, and reckon I'll have to read some more soon for school, which I'm looking forward to. I'd say for the moment that I guess I'm currently just in love with books as a whole and tend to love and discuss YA as that's a big part of what I read (and share with you!).

I also think now I'm able to purchase more books than I was due to being older, having a job, and being able to get a book if I realllly think I want it without having to worry about returning it late to the library, which is something I am terrible at. (And if you are, too, Library Elf is your friend. Trust me.) I still have to worry about being petite, though, and bringing home huge stacks of books from the library. Sadly, my arm length hasn't changed all that much. ;)

Oh, how I love books!

6 comments on "follow friday (14)"

TG wrote: Fri Aug 12, 07:29:00 AM

I'm impressed that you read a broad variety of books when you were younger. I know what you mean about blogging drawing you further and further into a YA existence. I actually didn't mean for my blog to be so YA-dominated, but that's just what happened.


Jessica (Peace Love Books) wrote: Fri Aug 12, 08:48:00 AM

I read a wide variety too! I'm still a teen so I always buy my books from Half Price Books and $1 library books, so I have a ton! But I love reading everything :)

Here's my FF!


Tasha wrote: Fri Aug 12, 03:40:00 PM

Just stopping by to share some Friday blog love. Come and join Read My Review on my blog which currently has a Friends theme. Hope you have a great weekend!
Tasha @ A Trillian Books xxx


Anonymous wrote: Fri Aug 12, 07:59:00 PM

My reading habits have changed a lot since I was a teen, in that I read a lot more. I'm just recently getting into more YA novels, and have been enjoying some of the more paranormal YA. I'm really enjoying reading all of your recommendations! I just finished a book by a new author that I'm working with called (S)Mythology by Jeremy Tarr. It's a modern day fairy tale that is wry and whimsical, and tackles life...death...and the Underworld. The book is super cute and has illustrations by artist Katy Smail, which really bring the main character Sophie to life. I think your readers would really like it!

You can read the first three chapters and check out the illustrations at www.smythology.co.uk or check out the book on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/Shardcover.

Enjoy!

P.S. I love your new layout! It looks great!


Pedantic Phooka wrote: Fri Aug 12, 09:20:00 PM

Hi there,
Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

Have a great weekend!

Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
www.pedanticphooka.com


Laura Massey wrote: Sun Aug 14, 09:20:00 AM

Hello! I'm dropping by from FF. I love your design. It looks great! New Follower.

Have a great weekend!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores