top ten tuesdays! (05)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. If you love lists
and wracking your brain for answers, then this is the meme for you!

This week it's a topic that I'm excited about, because I love seeing what books you guys are excited about! I know, lots of excitement in one sentence.

Top Ten Books On My TBR List for Fall 2011:  Including some books that I've read/reviewed but haven't been released.

1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (9/13): I sort of loved this book beyond words. The characters were so completely delectable and the prose breathtaking. Mainly I want you all to read it so we can discuss it - I want to talk about this book! I'm hoping The Book Depository will offer the UK hardback up for sale soon, as I'd like to see it sitting pretty next to my eventual US copy.

2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (9/27): Literally just finished this one and it was so incredibly refreshing and well done that I'm a bit tongue-tied. Karou is one of the best female MCs that I've read in a while, and incredibly engaging with a personality all her own. (Although, I think my favorite character is someone else - and no, it's not Akiva!)

3. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (11/15): While this is about a girl whose touch is lethal, I have to say the thing that most makes me excited is the author herself. She's such a sweet, personable girl that I think I'm going to be hard-pressed to dislike this book - which is one I've heard many, many great things about. (And it's a dystopian. You all know how I feel about them.)

4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (9/27): Oh, this book. This is one I loved in ways that I could never have expected and I think I'll be as excited to receive the finished copy in the mail as I did the ARC. While there's a lot you may or may not have heard about it, please let it be one that you try out for yourself. It's worth it.

5. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (9/20): I have one more book to get to before this one, but I'm so incredibly excited for it. I've heard such amazing things and it's been a few books since I've read a good fantasy I can sort of sink my teeth into and I'm hoping this will be the one to do it.

6. Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi: The Windup Girl has actually been on my TBR longer than this one, but I only saw this one and so I immediately snatched it. It's a dystopian, which I love, but the story has a strong nod to the present day - all of the markings of a book I think I'll very much enjoy.

7. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (9/29): I read Anna and the French Kiss on Saturday as my happy-thoughts-during-an-impeding-hurricane book and loved it. I'm going to say that it's pretty much impossible not to like this one. Anna was such a great character, and everyone wants an Étienne. Lots of people have said they liked Lola more, which seems like big shoes to fill, and I can't wait to find out.

8. Prized by Caragh O'Brien (11/08): I feel like I've been waiting for this one for ages and ages. I was just approved for it on NetGalley and am waiting until closer to the release date to start it - and boy is it hard.

9. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente: I'm quite embarrassed that I haven't gotten to this one yet. I...really want to read it. I think I'll have to remedy that soon, considering it's sitting on my shelf.

10. Sequels I've been waiting for: Crossed, The Iron Knight... what else? I'm cheating, but it's my list, so I'm permitting myself. 

What about you guys? What's on your list? And, Goodreads, please come back to life. I miss you.


17 comments on "top ten tuesdays! (05)"

Rie Conley wrote: Tue Aug 30, 02:24:00 AM

I hadn't heard of The Night Circus, now added to my TBR!

Shatter Me is at the top of my list for this fall. It sounds so amazing! Great list.

New follower!

Rie @ Mission to Read


Anonymous wrote: Tue Aug 30, 02:58:00 AM

I think I want to read pretty much every book you have listed, lol.


Sidne wrote: Tue Aug 30, 03:27:00 AM

I do hope you get to knock of some of those books by fall, i'm sure going to try with mine but its not looking good, so Dec is my personal read challenge month.
htt://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com


Jan von Harz wrote: Tue Aug 30, 05:00:00 AM

I should have read your list first as I want almost all these too. Fabulous!


Kristan wrote: Tue Aug 30, 07:14:00 AM

Great list, I'm desperately waiting for practically every book you've listed. Lola and the Boy Next Door, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, and Prized are probably my top 3. I'm very impatient, so the wait is killing me!

Kristan


Michelle Santiago wrote: Tue Aug 30, 07:14:00 AM

the girl of fire and thorns is on my list too. so excited! great list--it looks like you're in for some awesome fall reading :)

i hope you can stop by and check out my top ten list this week.

-michelle


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Tue Aug 30, 08:18:00 AM

I can't wait to get a finished copy of Mara Dyer! Sooooo goood!


Tiffany wrote: Tue Aug 30, 10:38:00 AM

New follower :)

You have some awesome books on your list! I loved Mara Dyer


Tee wrote: Tue Aug 30, 11:57:00 AM

So may good books! New Follower!


danya wrote: Tue Aug 30, 12:19:00 PM

I agree, it is pretty much impossible not to like ANNA. I'll definitely be picking up LOLA too!


Jenny wrote: Tue Aug 30, 12:47:00 PM

I'm almost getting overwhelmed reading everyone's lists today. I just started Birthmarked and 'm really liking it so I'm glad the next comes out this fall.


Lacey wrote: Tue Aug 30, 02:43:00 PM

Fabulous! Really. I want a every book on your list.
New follower btw.
AND Iron Knight is CRAZY GOOD. My fave book of the series. You wont be disappointed.

My Top Ten


Unknown wrote: Tue Aug 30, 05:03:00 PM

That's not cheating, usually bloggers have a HUGE reading pile. The Iron Fey is one of my favorite series ever!


Rebecca V wrote: Tue Aug 30, 05:04:00 PM

That is an exciting list. Many of those are on my TBR list. Man oh man I want to read Night Circus. Glad to hear you liked it!


Melissa (i swim for oceans) wrote: Tue Aug 30, 11:15:00 PM

Holy yes to The Night Circus! I'm just dying to read this one! I hear it's incredible. Fabulous list all around :)


Read.Breathe.Relax. wrote: Wed Aug 31, 09:32:00 PM

So many of these are on my TBR too! I just heard about the Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I'm so glad you loved it, cuz I'm dying to check it out now too!

Thanks for sharing!


Amber (Books of Amber) wrote: Sat Sep 03, 11:10:00 AM

Great list! I can't wait to read Lola.., The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer or The Daughter of Smoke and Bone either. I'm sure they'll all be amazing reads.

Books of Amber


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores