follow friday (16) & book blogger hop (2)

This week's question courtesy of Parajunkee's Follow Friday is:

Q: In books like the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series, the paranormal creature in question 'comes out of the closet' and makes itself known to the world. Which mythical creature do you wish would come out of the closet for real?

When I saw mythical creature I immediately thought of a non-humanoid one like a unicorn or a pegasus - both animals that I would definitely love if they came out of the closet and into my life. If we're talking people, then I think I wouldn't mind the types of beings from the Vampire Academy series. I never thought I'd be saying that as I'm not a huge vampire or werewolf person (VA and Shiver aside respectively) but the dynamic between the Moroi and the Dhampir were incredibly fascinating and I wouldn't mind learning more about it. If it gave me the opportunity to have a drink with Rose and meet Dimitri, please, sign me up.

I could do without the Strigoi, though. They can stay home and play in their own sandbox.

And the random return of the Book Blogger Hop!

Q: Non book-related this week! Do you have pets?

Oh boy. I do indeed have pets. In fact, I just brushed off some Tigger fur from the screen. I mention this in my who, me?, but I have three cats. Two were mine previously (a lovely tabby and a tortoiseshell), and then we have a third, a cat who must have been abandoned by a family who moved away and little by little we took fed her until she just moved in with us completely. She's a pretty black and white (mask and mantle) kitty, and is probably the sweetest most well-mannered cat that I've ever met. I've never shown pictures of her, but you can see Tigger in most of my vlogs and here, and you can see Sora in my 200 Follower Giveaway post (which is still very much open, so enter away!). 

As you might have guessed, I love animals.

11 comments on "follow friday (16) & book blogger hop (2)"

Alison Can Read wrote: Thu Aug 25, 10:34:00 PM

Hopping through. Like you, I'd love Moroi and Dhampirs, but not Strigoi. Especially Dimitri and Adrian!
My Hop


We Heart YA wrote: Thu Aug 25, 11:50:00 PM

If you like pegasi, you HAVE to read Pegasus by Robin McKinley. All 4 of us are absolutely IN LOVE with that book. (And dying for its Part 2, which is supposed to come out next year.)


Unknown wrote: Fri Aug 26, 11:48:00 AM

I love your Tigger. He is adorable. I think I'm a little to much of a cat person for a guy...

Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!


Shaunna @ Shaunna Reads wrote: Fri Aug 26, 11:51:00 AM

I totally agree - I would love it if the Moroi and Dhampirs were real. :) Plus I wouldn't mind having myself and Adrian! =P

Happy Friday!
Shaunna
Scarlet Letters


Unknown wrote: Fri Aug 26, 03:31:00 PM

Hopping through. I miss having a cat. I had cats growing up but my boyfriend is not a cat person so it will take some time to convince him that we need a kitten in the house.

Have a great weekend!
http://lostinyawonderland.blogspot.com/2011/08/book-blogger-hop-and-follow-friday.html


None wrote: Fri Aug 26, 04:47:00 PM

Happy Friday! Just hopping through.
I'm a new twitter/blog follower
Please check out my FF post


Anonymous wrote: Fri Aug 26, 05:09:00 PM

Unicorns were my initial thought! Then I thought a bit more and came up with gnomes. Yep, gnomes. LOL!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Amanda @ Letters Inside Out - FF & Top Spot


Unknown wrote: Fri Aug 26, 05:23:00 PM

Aww! I'm so happy you took in that kitty!

Pegasus and Unicorns are cool!

New follower!
http://katmuntser-reviews.blogspot.com/


KTJ wrote: Fri Aug 26, 07:00:00 PM

Hi, new follower here!

I would love for unicorns to come out of the closet! and wouldn't mind to meet Rose and Dimitri too :D

-Kate
my FF can be found: http://nomaliciousreads.blogspot.com


Elizabeth wrote: Fri Aug 26, 10:18:00 PM

NEW FOLLOWER.

Love your header and blog name.

I have NO pets.

Stop by my blog this weekend for book giveaways and 99 cent E-books...the posts are actually up right now.

There will be two different posts from two different authors for the giveaways and E-books.

Elizabeth

http://silversolara.blogspot.com


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Fri Aug 26, 10:26:00 PM

My daughter would totally love it if unicorns were real!! lol!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores