waiting on wednesday (14): the scorpio races


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.


(from goodreads 11/18/2011):
It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.
At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.
Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn't given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition - the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.
Although I have no other idea of what this is going to be about, I've been entranced with this book since I first saw the cover. I can't get the idea out of my head that it looks like a fresco - and since I spent a lot of my life studying Mediterranean art it's all I can think of! If this is set in the Roman period I think I'll just melt into my chair with happiness. That timeframe has so much potential, and with the lyricism of Maggie's words it's strife with possibility. This is a book that I very much cannot wait to get my hands on and experience.

11 comments on "waiting on wednesday (14): the scorpio races"

YA Book Queen wrote: Wed Aug 17, 10:47:00 AM

I am so excited for TSR!!


AliyaPM wrote: Wed Aug 17, 11:29:00 AM

I am so excited for this book! It was my WoW pick a few weeks ago. I love Maggie's writing and cannot wait to get my hands on this. Great pick!

My WOW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html


Rabbit wrote: Wed Aug 17, 12:22:00 PM

I am reading Stiefvater's Linger right now! This book sounds pretty interesting, I would like to know more about it as well! Feel free to check out my WoW here.

Rumana @ Relook the Book


teen wrote: Wed Aug 17, 12:36:00 PM

There has been so much buzz around this book, I can't wait till it comes out!

New Follower!

Check out my WOW


Anonymous wrote: Wed Aug 17, 01:02:00 PM

Im interested in this one as well - it sounds pretty different and like will be a refreshing read :)

Check out my WoW here

Amy @ Turn the Page


Lauren M wrote: Wed Aug 17, 01:09:00 PM

I wasn't the biggest fan of Maggie's Shiver series, but I'm very interested in this new book. I love that she's incorporating horses! :)
My WoW


Paranormal Night Owls wrote: Wed Aug 17, 01:57:00 PM

Totally waiting on this one! Anything written by Maggie Stiefvater is gold in my eyes.

Love the blog's design, by the way!

Please check out our "Waiting on Wednesdays" when you get the chance. http://paranormalnightowls.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesdays-3.html


Michelle @ In Libris Veritas wrote: Wed Aug 17, 03:21:00 PM

I've only read Shiver from her other series and it was really good. So maybe after I read the other two I'll be able to check this one out too. It seems interesting.

My WOW: http://inlibrisveritas.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/wating-on-wednesday-6/


Natalia Belikov wrote: Wed Aug 17, 03:45:00 PM

OMG!!! I loved the trailer for this book =P I cant wait to read it sniff!!

CHeck my WoW if yo want =)

http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html


melannie (: wrote: Wed Aug 17, 08:42:00 PM

I reallly really want this too!

I'm actually not a fan of the Shiver series but this one sounds soooooo good!

great pick!

My (extra especial) WoW post this week


Read.Breathe.Relax. wrote: Thu Aug 18, 10:58:00 PM

This book was one of my WoW picks a few weeks ago. I love that it's based off Kelpie stories!

Great choice! :)


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores