in my mailbox (16)

I have some exciting books this week! And I'm off to Borders after this, so I might have to put in an addendum.

For Review:
Frost, Marianna Baer
Thank you to Samantha of Living Little Women for this ARC. I've been looking for a different sort of YA, something that's more of a mystery/thriller and this one's had quite good reviews so far, so I'm looking forward to starting it.


Hades, Alexandra Adornetto
Thank you to Feiwel & Friends for sending a copy of this my way. This is second in the Halo series, and I haven't read Halo yet and so I'm going to see if Borders has it so I can properly review it. The cover looks fun, and it seems to be about angels, which is something I haven't tried in a while.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Michelle Hodkin
Thank you to Once Upon a Twilight for letting me participating in the ARC tour for Mara Dyer. I will be reading this one today, so you can expect a review to be up within the next week or so. I'm all sorts of excited for this one, and can't wait for my finished copy to come!

Purchased:
Cascade, Lisa. T. Bergren
Cascade is second in the River of Time series, which is one I find to be incredibly engrossing and have pretty much fallen in love with. I'm going to try my hardest to put up reviews of this and Waterfall in the next few days, even if they're mini-reviews.

As I was preparing to take a picture of the first book, Tigger curled up around it and so I used him as a backdrop/prop for the rest. Thanks, stripes, for being such a handsome model.

20 comments on "in my mailbox (16)"

Aleeza wrote: Sun Aug 14, 11:28:00 AM

first of all, LOVE your cat! second of all, i really hope you like halo. it's, um, seemed to rack up an astonishingly high number of negative reviews on goodreads, so... oh, and you got mara! so lucky. i'm still pining for that one. i'm SO disappointed they didn't put it up on galleygrab arg.


Aleeza wrote: Sun Aug 14, 11:30:00 AM

also, i thought you were a teen! i just read your about me page...and turns out you're not. so yeah, lol :D


Lauren M wrote: Sun Aug 14, 11:55:00 AM

We have the exact same type of cat! :P
I really enjoyed Frost--hopefully you do, too! It's definitely different. But in a good way!
I'm reading Mara Dyer right now, and I'm loving it!
Happy reading! :)
My IMM


Shelbie, Amanda and Jenni wrote: Sun Aug 14, 12:21:00 PM

Awesome haul. I want to read Frost and Hades so bad! (Although I still need to read Halo...)

My IMM here: http://themortalslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-16.html

- Amanda


Idris wrote: Sun Aug 14, 01:25:00 PM

Great books here! Hope you enjoy them all! : )


Laura Massey wrote: Sun Aug 14, 01:27:00 PM

I've been seeing a lot of good reviews of Frost. I think I might have to add it to my TBR list.


Nina @ Death, Books, and Tea wrote: Sun Aug 14, 02:36:00 PM

Frost looks really good...I want to read all those books. Enjoy them all!
Nina @ Death Books and Tea


Tara wrote: Sun Aug 14, 02:54:00 PM

I know a lot of people didn't like Halo all that much, but I loved all the description in it. And I just started Halo. Anyway, hope you enjoy them all :)

Here's what I received this week :)


Alison Can Read wrote: Sun Aug 14, 03:44:00 PM

Great set! Cascade was very enjoyable. I can't wait to read Mara Dyer.
My IMM


Shoshanah wrote: Sun Aug 14, 03:46:00 PM

I've heard such great things about Maya Dyer. It's definitely one I'm looking forward to reading!


Rabbit wrote: Sun Aug 14, 04:05:00 PM

Wow! Great IMM! Mara Dyer sounds great! I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to check out my IMM here.

Rumana @ Relook the Book


Anonymous wrote: Sun Aug 14, 04:29:00 PM

Those all look really good! I love you blog design, by the way!


April (BooksandWine) wrote: Sun Aug 14, 05:03:00 PM

The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer is a real page turner. I hope you really like it :-D


Jenny wrote: Sun Aug 14, 06:32:00 PM

Oooo, what a sexy kitty! ;) I'm so jealous you got The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer!


Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) wrote: Sun Aug 14, 07:32:00 PM

You got a nice list of books this week in your mailbox. I just bought Waterfall on amazon. I cannot wait to start the story :o)
I hope you like your new books,
Book Sniffers Anonymous


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Sun Aug 14, 08:41:00 PM

Mara Dyer is Amazing! I can't wait to see what you think of it!


chelle (crazytrinket) wrote: Sun Aug 14, 11:24:00 PM

Awesome IMM! Frost, Hades, The unbecoming of Mara dyer are the books that i want to read badly! you are so lucky to have an arc of it!

enjoy reading!

here's my IMM: http://crazytrinket.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-15.html


Unknown wrote: Sun Aug 14, 11:55:00 PM

Wow, some really great books this week! I know everyone seems to be dying for mara, so hope you think it if fab.
Here is my IMM:
http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-14.html
Don't forget to check out my two giveaways at the top of my page!
Happy Reading :D


Melissa (i swim for oceans) wrote: Mon Aug 15, 12:05:00 AM

So jealous of Hades! Fabulous haul this week! Enjoy :)


YA Book Queen wrote: Wed Aug 17, 10:52:00 AM

Frost! Very cool! You got some fabulous books,

Happy reading :D


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores