in my mailbox (18): irene edition


All is thankfully safe and well here, although it's still raining and windy. With everyone being in one piece, including the cats and no trees on the house, well, I consider it a massive achievement. I've amassed quite a few books again and so I threw together a vlog, although please pardon my appearance. I haven't slept for more than a few hours in a day or so and I look like a creature from Ann Aguire's Enclave. (Yeah, I'm using book references.)


Books mentioned:
Blood Red Road, Moira Young
Wither, Lauren DeStefano
Unwind, Neal Shusterman
Across the Universe, Beth Revis
Anna and the French Kiss, Stephanie Perkins
The Magician King, Lev Grossman
Looking for Alaska, John Green
Bloodlines, Richelle Mead
This Dark Endeavour, Kenneth Oppel
A Need So Beautiful, Suzanne Young
Full Tilt, Neal Shusterman
Ballad, Maggie Stiefvater

I'll catch up with your mailboxes after Tangled. And a nap! Stay safe, everyone.

11 comments on "in my mailbox (18): irene edition"

Anonymous wrote: Sun Aug 28, 04:21:00 PM

0o0o You've got some awesome lovelies that I enjoyed quite a bit. I hope you enjoy them as well. Be sure to tell me what you think of A Need So Beautiful, I'm really interested in checking that out in the near future.


Paige wrote: Sun Aug 28, 04:49:00 PM

Awesome book load!! I hope you have fun reading!! Check out my IMM

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-my-first-vlog.html


Alison Can Read wrote: Sun Aug 28, 06:25:00 PM

Great set! Glad the weather was okay for you. Yay for Bloodlines and Anna and the FK!
My IMM


Emily H wrote: Sun Aug 28, 07:14:00 PM

Oooh, I love some of the books you got! And I got my hands on A Need So Beautiful this week too. I can't wait to see how it is.

Check out my IMM over here (though I'm way too shy to do a vlog ;) )!


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Sun Aug 28, 09:30:00 PM

Whoa! Lots of books! I Stillllll haven't read Across the Universe and Wither. I MUST do that soon. :) Enjoy!

Oh, and glad you made it through the storm ok!


We Heart YA wrote: Sun Aug 28, 10:07:00 PM

Bwahaha, yes, Tangled is the perfect way to pass the evening!

Looks like a great list. We especially want to check out Wither. Can't wait to read your reviews!


Unknown wrote: Sun Aug 28, 11:29:00 PM

Great pile of books this week! Unwind was absolutely amazing. But, I was so unnerved by it that I just HAD to get it off my shelf. I know, I know, what the heck?! Just another weird bookish thing.
Here is my IMM:
http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-16.html
Happy Reading :D
Stay dry


Kaitlin wrote: Mon Aug 29, 12:36:00 AM

I am so jealous of all your books! The only one I have out of those is Ballad and I don't have Lament either!

This week is my birthday so I've told the husband he needs to take me to Borders. ;)


usagi, wrote: Mon Aug 29, 01:58:00 PM

Glad to hear you're okay! And it looks like the book gods were good to you this week. <3

Mine for the week: http://witchoftheatregoing.wordpress.com/2011/08/28/in-my-mailbox-%e2%99%a1-week-25/


Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling wrote: Mon Aug 29, 05:09:00 PM

Anna and The French Kiss and Wither are amazing! I cant watch the video (no sound) but I'm glad the worst of the hurricane by-passed you! Enjoy your books!


Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) wrote: Thu Sep 01, 05:04:00 PM

Nice set of books this week. I really want to read Wither.
Happy reading,
Book Sniffers Anonymous


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores