follow friday (15)


This week's question courtesy of Parajunkee's Follow Friday is:


Q: If you could write yourself in a part of a book, what book would it be and what role would you play in that book?

Okay, so I'm going to cheat a little because my mind thought of two immediate places that I would like to be. One would be Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince; as I've said a few times before, Severus Snape is my favorite character and I would love to be involved somewhere in this scene - which I know is not in the books per se, but I could see it there - right before he has to kill Dumbledore. I would imagine he would have a lot on his mind before he went up to the tower and I'd play some character that got to talk to him beforehand.

The other would be in either The Hunger Games or Divergent, or something similar. I think part of the reason that I so love dystopian fiction is because I'm also a human rights student, and the academic me wants to explore situations where such oppression is possible and to see how people act to remove themselves from it; giving themselves and others an extreme sense of empowerment. I've always been interested in this and am even more so now that I'm formally studying it. While I'm not sure I could mentally handle being Katniss, I wouldn't mind stepping in her shoes for awhile. Tris doesn't have to deal with quite as much, but she's still pretty fierce in her own way. Although if I were her, I'd probably have gotten myself into a bit more trouble.

6 comments on "follow friday (15)"

Farhana wrote: Fri Aug 19, 10:55:00 AM

Completely forgot about the Hunger Games and Divergent. I would no way want to be Katniss, she has such a hard life!! I think I would prefer to be Tris. Plus she has Four:p lol

Great post new follower (plus on twitter too:D)

My Post


Sonia wrote: Fri Aug 19, 01:44:00 PM

Living in the Harry Potter world? Mmmm, sounds nice :) I guess Pottermore is the closest we'll get.

The Hunger Games and Divergent? You've sure picked some tough worlds! I'd probably go for Anna and the French Kiss - I could live in Paris with cute boys and good food. 'Nuff said.


Richard wrote: Fri Aug 19, 08:39:00 PM

Good book choices! New Follower!

My FF


Alissa wrote: Sat Aug 20, 12:06:00 AM

I can't think of any better book place to be a part of than Hogwarts, so I'd definitely want to have a role in the Harry Potter series. ...Preferably as Draco's girl. Haha.


Kellie wrote: Sat Aug 20, 12:18:00 PM

Ahh! I can't believe I skipped this week, such a fun question and I love, love, love your answer. I'm sure Snape would have had some pretty interesting thoughts right before that pivotal moment.


Unknown wrote: Sat Aug 20, 01:11:00 PM

I am a new follower and I would love if you came and followed me back at Ashley Suzanne!
ashleysbookshelf at gmail dot com


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores