waiting on wednesday (16): double


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

(goodreads 02/27/2012):
When the sixteen-year-old runaway Chap is mistaken for a missing boy named Cassiel, his life changes dramatically. Chap takes on Cassiel’s identity, gaining the family and friends he’s always dreamed of having. But becoming someone else isn’t as easy as he hoped—and Chap isn’t the only one hiding a secret. As he teeters on the brink of discovery and begins to unravel the mystery behind Cassiel’s disappearance, Chap realizes that he’s in much deeper danger than he could have imagined.

After all, you can’t just steal a life and expect to get away with it.

Award-winning author Jenny Valentine delivers an explosive mystery where dark secrets, betrayal, and loss pave the way for one teen’s chance at redemption.
To be honest, the cover very much reminded me of Unwind and that's what caught my eye originally. However the story sounds mysterious and upon reading the synopsis it's something I want to know more about. I enjoy a good mystery, especially if it's one without any sort of specific genre and just tells the story of a boy who knows nothing - and neither does the reader - until you pick up the book and read along with his story.

7 comments on "waiting on wednesday (16): double"

test wrote: Wed Aug 31, 09:23:00 AM

Awesome pick! I'm also waiting for this one ;) I love there cover :) It also reminds me on the cover of Unwind... I thought it was the sequel for a second lol

here's ours!
WoW


Greta is Erikasbuddy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 09:48:00 AM

WOW! That sounds neat!

Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_30.html


Jenny wrote: Wed Aug 31, 01:18:00 PM

Oooo! That does sound interesting.


Tia wrote: Wed Aug 31, 04:07:00 PM

Great pick! I though it was Unwind at first too! New follower!

My WoW


Anonymous wrote: Wed Aug 31, 05:22:00 PM

I saw this one on NetGalley and it does look interesting. Nice choice!

Check out my WoW here

Amy @ Turn the Page


Truly Bookish wrote: Wed Aug 31, 06:31:00 PM

It does look a lot like Unwind (which was really good) and it sounds really interesting. I should read more mysteries....
NC
Truly Bookish


Unknown wrote: Wed Aug 31, 11:30:00 PM

The cover does look a lot like Unwind! I added this book to my TBR pile!

-Kat

http://katmuntser-reviews.blogspot.com/


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores