in my mailbox (2)

Sunday has quickly become one of my favorite days of the week for this blog because I can watch how quickly my to-read queue on Goodreads gets longer and longer in the best way from visiting all of your sites. (I'm a day early! I've been a day off all week.) In My Mailbox is so kindly hosted by The Story Siren.

And, this week, in....my mailbox (too bad there's not dramatic silent picture music playing) is:


Bought: Divergent, Veronica Roth
The Goddess Test, Aimée Carter

Library: Wither, Lauren DeStefano
Entwined, Heather Dixon

I only chose to read books with gorgeous covers this week! Divergent is what I've talked so much about and the review is probably going to be coming in the next day or so when I have some time to sit down and prepare it. The Goddess Test is something I've been meaning to read since I heard of it (my first degree is in Archaeology so anything that touches on Greek or Roman mythology is an instant must-have) and I'm so happy that I can finally dig into it! Wither is a book I saw on a face out at B&N while I was reading Matched there and the cover is so gorgeous that I read the flap and was rather intrigued. I'm reading it now and it's going by pretty quickly, an interesting story. Entwined looks gorgeous. I've heard that's a really sweet rendition of Grimm's The Twelve Dancing Princesses and I love Grimm's, so that was an easy pick, too.

There may be some others that I'll throw on later in the week. (Oh, here's a kitty. So fun to type with a cat on your lap. Type pet pet type pet pet pet.) I'm excited to see what you guys are reading, and so is my kitty! ;)

13 comments on "in my mailbox (2)"

We Heart YA wrote: Sat May 07, 10:38:00 AM

GAH, you've got like all the books I want to read! Lol. Well, okay, I've read ENTWINED and it's fantastic, but that still leaves the other 3. Enjoy!!


Jenny wrote: Sat May 07, 11:51:00 AM

I hope you like The Goddess Test. I finished it this week and just reviewed it on my blog. Wither...well it wasn't my favorite but I didn't hate it, and that's saying something. I want to read Divergent sooooo bad. I can't wait to get my hands on it.


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Sat May 07, 09:56:00 PM

@We Heart YA: You guys turned me onto ENTWINED and I can't stop staring at the cover with foil leaves, how lovely. I'm distracted by shiny things. We'll have to see how they all go! :)

@Jenny: Ooh, I'm going to peek in on that review after I write this. I finished Wither and it's really a hard book to feel one way or another about. Writing about it is going to be interesting.

I'm seemingly a complete DIVERGENT fangirl so I hear you on that - I can't wait to see what you think!


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Sun May 08, 08:47:00 AM

Ohhh, so many books! The Goddess Test was great, I hope you enjoy it! I'm looking forward to reading Divergent. I still haven't read Wither or Entwined. I hope you enjoy reading all of these!


Jess Day wrote: Sun May 08, 02:15:00 PM

I'm looking forward to eacg book! Wither was rlly good! Hope you like them!


Shoshanah wrote: Sun May 08, 02:33:00 PM

Talk about some fabulous books! I've heard so many great things about all of these. Both Wither & Divergent sound amazing to me!


Wee Shubba wrote: Sun May 08, 03:50:00 PM

Read the Goddess Test. Love it !!!!

Here are my IMMS

Love Fantasy's Mailbox

Mad Hatter's Mailbox


Emily wrote: Sun May 08, 04:37:00 PM

I got Entwined this week too! I'm really excited to read it!


Maia wrote: Sun May 08, 05:12:00 PM

Awesome books! Hope you enjoy them!

~New follower!~

Here's my IMM:
http://bookuponbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-8.html#comments


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Sun May 08, 07:31:00 PM

@Jess I've read all of them except for ENTWINED and I enjoyed the lot of them!

@Shoshanah: I got lucky at the library, for the most part! The other I sort I was seriously compelled to add to my nonexistent bookshelf. They've all been good reads, so far!

@Siobhán: I just finished THE GODDESS TEST earlier and really enjoyed it and can't wait for the sequel already. Loved Kate and Henry!

@Emily: I can't stop looking at the cover, it's so lovely! Hopefully I'll start it tomorrow.

@Maia: Thanks! So far so good! :)


Jennifer A wrote: Mon May 09, 03:43:00 AM

I just recently bought Wither and Entwined, but i haven't gotten to them yet. I can't wait!

I'm dying to get a copy of Divergent!

Jennifer of Little Shelf


Unknown wrote: Mon May 09, 02:24:00 PM

Old Follower :)

I'm desperate to win The Goddess test, it seems great. Great books ^-^
In-Interest


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Mon May 09, 10:09:00 PM

@Jennifer: ENTWINED was so sweet and just a pleasant read overall. WITHER is worth reading, and I posted a review, but I'm interested to see what others think about it.

DIVERGENT - loovvve it. So worth it, and worth the wait because that means it'll still be a fresh read.

@Holly: The Goddess Test was definitely worth the $9, and I think I have a review scheduled to post tomorrow about it. I really enjoyed it!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

blog archive

Shop Indie Bookstores