preview crossed! (courtesy of penguin books & ew.com)

I posted this for Divergent as soon as we were given the first chapter, and I thought I'd go ahead and post the same for Crossed for those who might have missed this little snippet. I haven't read it yet as I'm going to devour it all at once when my borrowed ARC (thank you, Kathy!) arrives in the mail later this week. I have a feeling this one's going to be fantastic!

CROSSED by Ally Condie (Chapters 1 & 2)

Thank you to Entertainment Weekly and Penguin Books for providing this glimpse, first seen here!

3 comments on "preview crossed! (courtesy of penguin books & ew.com)"

We Heart YA wrote: Thu Sep 15, 08:45:00 AM

Not to be party poopers, b/c we're excited about this one too, but so far the reviews we've read haven't been glowing... They say that not much happens, and the switching POVs don't work great. BUT they say you do get more information about what's happening in the outer provinces (or whatever they were called).

Bottom line: We still want to read Crossed! We're just trying to keep our expectations level.


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Thu Sep 15, 09:03:00 AM

I had totally forgotten about the alternating POVs. I reckon that's what I get for posting at 12.30. I'm sort of used to not a lot of things happening all at once (especially from rotating POVs) after reading A Song of Ice and Fire, but it has to be done well. I shall keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!


kathy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 11:32:00 AM

I hope you like it! I can see where the first commenter is coming from, but if you're ok with a more thoughtful book, I bet you'll like it fine.
I called the post office yesterday to see what's up with the book. They're supposedly looking into it. I hope it gets there soon. :)


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores