waiting on wednesday (20)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.


(goodreads 05/28/2012):

One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so. 
I'm pretty sure that this is one that I've been patiently waiting for ever since I finished Divergent. I absolutely loved that book and so to figure out where things go from here as far as the factions are concerned, and getting to find out just what happened to create the situation is going to fabulous. To be fair, I was going to list this one as soon as the blurb for it came out on Goodreads, but the page count erroneously said something like 200 or so pages, which seemed rather unbelievable given the size of Divergent. I'm happy to note now that they quote about 500 pages again which makes me deliriously excited - another book I can sink my brain into. This one is going to be the end of the semester present to myself!

10 comments on "waiting on wednesday (20)"

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Wed Sep 28, 10:36:00 AM

I CAN'T wait for this one!


Natalia Belikov wrote: Wed Sep 28, 10:38:00 AM

oHOHOHOHOHOHO!!! Insurgent OMG!! can this wait be any more bearable? Im agonizing!
great pick!

my WOW

http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html


Jac (Two Moms Reading) wrote: Wed Sep 28, 11:16:00 AM

I keep seeing this one around and it looks SO good!! I have added it to my wishlist; and will hopefully be snagging it as soon as it comes out :)


Anonymous wrote: Wed Sep 28, 12:40:00 PM

Lol!!! Lots of people can't wait for this. I do love the cover - though I wasn't blown away by Divergent even though I thought it was a pretty good read :)

Check out my WoW this week here

Amy @ Turn the Page


Goldilox wrote: Wed Sep 28, 01:07:00 PM

Ooh, pretty cover! I need to read Divergent! My TBR is just so crazy right now!

Here's my WOW: Goldilox and the Three Weres WOW

Goldilox :)


Leanna Elle wrote: Wed Sep 28, 02:44:00 PM

I still haven't read the first book even though I have been hearing amazing things! I'll have to get to it soon. Love the cover of this one!

My WoW is up on the blog! :)


Sarah@Catching Books wrote: Wed Sep 28, 07:23:00 PM

Great pick!! I haven't read the first book in the series but this one looks great!

check out my waiting on Wednesday!
http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-12-statistical.html


Karen L. wrote: Wed Sep 28, 08:38:00 PM

Definitely can't wait for this one! I'm glad it's 500 and not 200 pages--I need way more than 200 pages of this story! Great pick!


Cackleberry Homestead wrote: Wed Sep 28, 10:50:00 PM

I know I will be anxious for this one when I finally read Divergent, so this is a reminder to me to get busy and read Divergent. I know it's wonderful because I have only heard wonderful things about it, it's just making the time to read it in between review books. But I will and then I will be dying for Insurgent. So thanks for sharing!

Here is my WoW.


Wendy Darling wrote: Thu Sep 29, 02:41:00 PM

I'm looking forward to this one, too. :) I hope it answers more of our questions...


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores