waiting on wednesday (18)


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

(goodreads 01/02/2012):

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18B. Hadley's in 18A. <br />
Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.
Although this one looks short - and I admit to most of the time preferring longer novels so I can really sink my brain into them - it looks like it's going to be fun and hopeful and very much worth the read. I really, really do love a good contemporary that's able to put me into the spot and wish and cross my fingers along with the characters!

11 comments on "waiting on wednesday (18)"

sarah darlington wrote: Wed Sep 14, 09:23:00 AM

Looks like it might be good. :) I like the title.


Traci @ The Reading Geek wrote: Wed Sep 14, 09:28:00 AM

Great choice, I can't wait for this book as well!

My WoW


Unknown wrote: Wed Sep 14, 11:44:00 AM

This one sounds pretty exciting. I love the font of the title... yeah, I'm weird like that :P

Stop by mine


Jac (Two Moms Reading) wrote: Wed Sep 14, 12:13:00 PM

I don't typically like shorter books either; I hate leaving the characters at the end so shorter books are hard for me to get attached. But this one does look good...


Aleeza wrote: Wed Sep 14, 01:14:00 PM

OMG I AM TOTALLY DYING FOR THIS BOOK. seriously, it has an ENGLISH guy named OLIVER eeeek.

i am embarassed by how shallow i sound, but 'tis just how it is :P

and i'm sorta surprised you like longer books. given the HUGE pile of books i have to get through, i prefer shorties. (shorties, i know, right? :P) i mean, some books are better off as long, like THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak, but for the most part--shortness FTW!


Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Wed Sep 14, 01:57:00 PM

Glad you enjoyed this one. I'm curious about it now, the cover is lovely.

I'm not sure which I prefer, short or longer books...now you have my thinking.


Kristan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 02:23:00 PM

This really does look like a cute read! I've heard that its being compared to Anna and the French Kiss, which is just amazing and makes me want to read it even more. I'm a sucker for guys with English accents =)

My WoW

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves


Jenny wrote: Wed Sep 14, 02:28:00 PM

Ha! With all the talk of how annoying love at first sight is in YA books this one looks really good. I have it on my TBR list.


Tee wrote: Wed Sep 14, 02:28:00 PM

Im looking forward to this book- it will be a break from my morn as far as reading and sometimes we all need that


Unknown wrote: Wed Sep 14, 07:37:00 PM

It does sound like a look of fun, great pick!


Karen L. wrote: Wed Sep 14, 07:50:00 PM

I really want to read this one! It looks so cute. And the cover is, like, perfection. Great pick!

Here's my WoW, if you want to check it out.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores