waiting on wednesday (17)


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

(goodreads 03/06/2012):

Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.


Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.
The more I think about this one, the more I'm looking forward to it. That cover is absolutely gorgeous, and after reading the little snippet from the SE version of Delirium...well, suffice to say I'm rather looking forward to its release. I'm not too big on love triangles, though, so I hope that doesn't turn into a big thing. Regardless, the cover design is 1,000 steps in the right direction. I wonder if they'll find a cure not for the disease, but for society thinking that it is one.

11 comments on "waiting on wednesday (17)"

Aleeza wrote: Wed Sep 07, 09:31:00 AM

"The more I think about this one, the more I'm looking forward to it."

Haha, exactly how I feel about it! And OMG that cover? LOVE.


Brooke T wrote: Wed Sep 07, 09:34:00 AM

Sounds great! I still haven't read Delirium, but I heard it was fantastic!


Cait wrote: Wed Sep 07, 09:40:00 AM

I cannot wait for this!! I'll admit I'm a little hesitant about Lena falling in love again, but I'm eager to see what happens

The Cait Files


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Wed Sep 07, 09:47:00 AM

Ah! I still need to read Delirium! I can't wait to read both of these!


Kristan wrote: Wed Sep 07, 01:10:00 PM

gahhh, I'm dying to read this one! The cover is absolutely perfect too =) I really hope Lena and Alex's relationship stays because love triangles really are taking over. Awesome pick!!

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves


Alissa wrote: Wed Sep 07, 02:05:00 PM

I should probably read Delirium, shouldn't I. =/


Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Wed Sep 07, 04:11:00 PM

I'm currently reading Delirium and I have the Special Edition, so I will check out the snippet. I'm really enjoying it so far. Love the cover!


Lea Christine wrote: Wed Sep 07, 05:38:00 PM

Wasn't Delirium an amazing book?? I honestly could not even believe the ending and cried! I am really looking forward to reading the sequel as soon as it comes out to see where the story picks up after that crazy ending! :)

You can see my WoW for this week at the link below-- Happy Reading!

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland


Aeicha @ Word Spelunking wrote: Wed Sep 07, 05:43:00 PM

New follower here!

This is one series that has been on my TBR list for awhile now.

Here's my WoW


Paige wrote: Wed Sep 07, 05:59:00 PM

This book looks awesome! Come check out my WOW

http://paigebradish.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/waiting-on-wednesday/


Jenna and Ashley wrote: Wed Sep 07, 06:09:00 PM

Cannot. Wait. About to burst.
I loved Delirium. I have a few students chomping at the bit for this one too.

-Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)
http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-3-slide-and-right.html


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores