waiting on wednesday (19)


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine
that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.

(goodreads 02/21/2012):

Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.


The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.


In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price - now that she has more to lose than ever.

Wither is a book that the more I read, the more it grew on me. In fact, I've found myself wanting to re-read it lately, although perhaps I'll wait toward the end of the year as I wait for Fever. This is a story that, for me, could go in any number of directions, and that's the most exciting thing about it. I'm looking forward to meeting Rowan (possibly), seeing where Rhine ends up, and what happens when Linden figures everything out.

Secondly, I wasn't at all a fan of the cover when I first saw it but now I really like it. It's not stunning in the way that Wither's was, but it fits perfectly the title with it's ill-seeming tones of olive and yellow and a pose that seems lethargic and kept all at once. I also have a feeling that it's going to like 100 times better in person.

I'm...really excited for this one.

13 comments on "waiting on wednesday (19)"

Karis Jacobstein wrote: Wed Sep 21, 08:41:00 AM

Cannot wait for this! So excited!

http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/www-15-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html


Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Wed Sep 21, 09:29:00 AM

I have Wither waiting for me to read! I'm hoping to get to it soon. I'm sure Fever will be on my wishlist shortly.


Natalia Belikov wrote: Wed Sep 21, 09:36:00 AM

Oh Fever!! that is one of the most awaited releases of 2012! btw, I noticed you are readig Anna Dressed in Blood!! it's really good! I hav a review a=of it if you want to read it ^_^. Very gory and fun!! XDDD


My W.o.W http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday_21.html


Anna @ Literary Exploration wrote: Wed Sep 21, 09:50:00 AM

Yesyesyesyesyes I want this book RIGHT NOW. Seriously, I'm dying for it. I think I'll just go re-read Wither for the time being :) Great choice!

My WoW


Kristan wrote: Wed Sep 21, 09:51:00 AM

Perfect pick! I really liked Wither as well, and Fever has great potential to really make this series rock! I'm also really curious as to how Linden is going to react once he finds out Rhine escaped. Maybe it'll be some crazy chase across the country trying to get her back? Can't wait to find out!

My WoW

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves


JessiM wrote: Wed Sep 21, 09:58:00 AM

Great pick! I adored Wither and you're so right that this could really go any direction at this point! I'm dying to read this one (I MAY have pre-ordered it...)

Jessi @ Reading in the Corner


We Heart YA wrote: Wed Sep 21, 11:02:00 AM

We like the *looks* of the covers in this series, but they don't really look like *books* to us. More like magazine shoots, with weird/depressed models, and random stuff (like that horse? what?) to be interesting.

That said, we really want to read Wither. Lol.


Unknown wrote: Wed Sep 21, 12:06:00 PM

I've heard that this isn't the "final-final" Fever cover. I think when DeStefano was giving away some cover flats she said they were still making changes so the flats she was giving away were really unique ones. I hope so because I didn't really like this one either - it didn't fit with Wither.

I'm soo waiting on Fever too. I'm not a huge Gabriel fan - I like Linden, actually - so I'm interested to see where this all goes. Okay, now I'm really antsy for it!

My WoW this week


Unknown wrote: Wed Sep 21, 12:28:00 PM

Great pick! I soooo need to read Wither :)
Amy's WoW

Check out my Summer Favorites Giveaway!


Anonymous wrote: Wed Sep 21, 12:30:00 PM

Sounds good, enjoy!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday_21.html


Jenny wrote: Wed Sep 21, 12:40:00 PM

Urgh! No thanks. ;)


Alissa wrote: Wed Sep 21, 01:16:00 PM

Is it bad that everytime I see this cover I see a washed-up Ke$ha? haha

I really do need to read Wither sometime soon, though.


Unknown wrote: Wed Sep 21, 05:57:00 PM

I loved Wither, and am really excited to read Fever. February seems like an awfully long ways away! Great pick!
Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores