follow friday (10) & cover lust (1)


This week's question courtesy of Parajunkee's Follow Friday is:


Q: What do I do when I are not reading?
At the moment I work tons, but come the end of next month school starts for me and then it will be the opposite: I will be reading only when I am not in school and doing schoolwork, sadly! However since studying human rights and political science can be intense I look forward to having a fantastic read to break things up. Other than reading I listen to a ton of music (my favorites are DMB and サカナクション) and attend too many concerts. I go cycling and run and write. I play with my kitties and catch up on all of your fabulous posts.

The lovely Melissa at i swim for oceans has created a weekly meme for gorgeous book covers and I just have to join in on this one, too! I was going to highlight Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me as well, but I'll pick a different one!


Title: Between Two Ends
Author: David Ward
Publisher: Amulet Books
Genre: Middle Grade/YA
Fun Fact: The illustrations were done by Onoda Yuta and I'd encourage you to check out his other work as he is immensely talented!
Why I Have Cover Lust:
When I first looked at this cover I loved it because of the colors (I love color blocking especially when it works to great effect like it does here), typography and amazing illustrative work, and I thought Yeats was standing on sand. And he is - but after you read this book the cover art takes on a whole other layer of cleverness which is just the beginning of what I love about this book!

7 comments on "follow friday (10) & cover lust (1)"

Anja K. wrote: Fri Jul 15, 08:59:00 AM

New follower - here are my hops!

http://reading2011.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hopfollow-friday_15.html


We Heart YA wrote: Fri Jul 15, 10:24:00 AM

Ooo, love the cover you chose.

Sounds like you keep busy, in a good way. :)


Anonymous wrote: Fri Jul 15, 03:17:00 PM

Hi! I'm a new follower from the FF. That is an AWESOME cover! Great pick. :)

http://bumpsintheroad1.blogspot.com/2011/07/friday-follows.html


Melissa (i swim for oceans) wrote: Fri Jul 15, 03:25:00 PM

That is SUCH a cool cover! I don't see nearly enough artistic covers like that these days. I love me some pretty photos, but that's just awesome :)

Thanks for joining in!


Alison Can Read wrote: Sat Jul 16, 12:37:00 AM

Hopping through. Good luck finishing up school. Break is such a relief.
My Hop


Nomes wrote: Sat Jul 16, 07:07:00 AM

wow

that cover is honestly the coolest cover i have seen in quite some time O.o

it's so addictive to look at ~ thanks for sharing

x Nomes


Shana wrote: Sun Jul 17, 01:05:00 PM

Good luck with school! Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from Follow My Book Blog Friday Blog Hop. Would love a visit and a follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks! Nice to meet you!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores